DJI GO 4 Update (4.1.0) 27 May

Reaction score
I updated my software (Saturday 27th May) as advised by DJI. Only to now have issues with not being able to download original video onto my iPad. Is anyone else having this problem?
5bb9626b22a74afa00064b5cdc0f89bb.jpg

Last edited:
I did mine last night. No issues whatsoever. Went a distance of 4000 feet (one way) at 590 feet height no problems. At night just to see what all this hype is about.

I can't get my flight records to sync. After an hour it's at 79% and the controller battery has run down by 10% or more. Customer Support weren't really much help unfortunately.

Just checked, my settings are still mov.
Still 'video file not found' message.
89809584434eccd940b9ac63582bcf8e.jpg

I have flown out to 4000+ feet, and over 400 feet elevation just to check. Also, I now have tripod on my Phantom 4 std, but I can't open it.
I can now download 4K video by connecting the controller to my iPad 9.7, and the drone to the controller via the USB/Mini-usb.

I go into the editor, and select manage to choose the sdcard. Then choose what videos or photos I'd like on my iPad. Click the download icon, and select download to you device.

It works, but might not update my photo gallery until I disconnect the drone and reopen the photo gallery.

Hope this helps.

I use an ipad on my p4 pro and record in Mov and i updated mine the other day and got the furthest i have ever gotten with any quad, from what i can see everything seems to be running perfectly.

Reactions: MickATL
I did mine last night. No issues whatsoever. Went a distance of 4000 feet (one way) at 590 feet height no problems. At night just to see what all this hype is about.

If you are flying in the USA, I suggest you get a refresher course on FAA 107 rules before we all lose our freedoms to fly drones.

I updated my software too. Wanted to practice home lock and course lock using simulator. In the new DJI GO 4 the intelligent modes are not available. It was available in the previous version. BTW: I cannot see tripod mode. Is that mode available in P4?

No, tripod mode isn't for the p4s, but it will show itself every now and them in the flight modes.
If you try to use it you will get a warning saying you cannot use it.

No, tripod mode isn't for the p4s, but it will show itself every now and them in the flight modes.
If you try to use it you will get a warning saying you cannot use it.
I have a p4p plus and have tripod mode.

I never got a message to upgrade at the end of may? What's up with that? It tells me I have the latest version. Maybe it is a Plus thing.... still works fine and yes I am logged in and connected to wifi

P4S is a phantom 4 Standard. The up date happens via the Apple Store if on iOS, and DJI GO 4 asks you to log in after the update happens. At least that is what happened to me.

P4S is a phantom 4 Standard. The up date happens via the Apple Store if on iOS, and DJI GO 4 asks you to log in after the update happens. At least that is what happened to me.
Never even said an update is needed and I was flying today

I am in the USA and I bought about 4 months ago.
If I turn on mainland china maps it shows me china maps I can download but nothing for the USA

I can't get my flight records to sync. After an hour it's at 79% and the controller battery has run down by 10% or more. Customer Support weren't really much help unfortunately.

I had the same problem, probably due to the size, so I deleted the older files and only left a few of the latest files and it sync ok.

If you are flying in the USA, I suggest you get a refresher course on FAA 107 rules before we all lose our freedoms to fly drones.
107 only applies to commercial pilots although it certainly wouldn't hurt for the recreational flier to have a good understanding of it.

Reactions: jlrsn
I updated my software too. Wanted to practice home lock and course lock using simulator. In the new DJI GO 4 the intelligent modes are not available. It was available in the previous version. BTW: I cannot see tripod mode. Is that mode available in P4?

Have you had any luck getting to the Intelligent Flight Modes in the simulator? I have the same problem and have opened an issue with DJI. So far, no solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.