DJI Care or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it worked out for you. You are one of the few that post good results here on the forum. Obviously your totaled P4 was not the result of their notorious 'pilot error' excuse. So, what brought your bird down?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Pilot error on my part. DJI Care covers that unless its intentional.

Warranty wouldn't have covered any of my damage.

Took close to 2 days to get reply to my original claim. Another 3-4 days to get everything sorted out and shipping label emailed to me. Had a brand new P4 in my hands 8-9 days after that.

Pilot error on my part. DJI Care covers that unless its intentional.

Warranty wouldn't have covered any of my damage.

Took close to 2 days to get reply to my original claim. Another 3-4 days to get everything sorted out and shipping label emailed to me. Had a brand new P4 in my hands 8-9 days after that.

I guess that's the gray area in their coverage, being proven 'intentional' or not. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Many people think spending $1,400 on a piece of plastic that flies through the air is insane too :)

were talkin about insurance, thats just silly. I would think 80-100 bucks, but we're talking over 25% of the cost of the product, that is ridiculous how ever you want to spin it

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Many people think spending $1,400 on a piece of plastic that flies through the air is insane too :)
For a guy who won't buy any insurance himself that isn't required by law, you sure are eager to rationalize the huge waste of money that the $299 DJI Care policy costs! The peace of mind is a fiction! Imagine the horror when you realize you've been scammed by buying it, especially when they preyed upon you when your fear was greatest, during the first 48 hours of ownership!

I bought the coverage and was very glad I did.

Totaled my P4 after about 700k feet of flying.

Sent it in. Received a NEW, not refurbished, unit in 2 weeks.

Still have 8 months of insurance left. If I destroy this one too, it will also be replaced free.

Makes it much less stressful for me.

I'd do whatever makes YOU comfortable.
How do you know this was not also covered under the free 1 year warranty, or did you deliberately crash it, and lied, and got away with it? o_O

Take a deep breath and calm down. I assure you that the sky is not falling.

We all get it. DJI Care is not for you. That does not mean it's not a good fit for everyone. Anyone who is thinking of purchasing this should surely read the fine print to understand what it covers.
More like read the fine print to find out what it doesn't cover! Who taught you how to read fine print? :rolleyes: You sure seem like a shill for this ridiculously overpriced policy, riddled with exclusions and limitations, and sold like an ambulance chasing attorney drumming up business, preying upon the weak and the fearful in their moment of buyers' remorse!

You sure seem like a shill
Deep breath... remember? ;)

Like I said above, this product is not for everyone. I never suggested everyone should go out and buy it. It's no more of a scam than selling prop guards to people who could just not fly into obstacles.

I got $60 a year insurance thru state farm insurance. With no deductible pretty much covers it for anything that could happen to it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Deep breath... remember? ;)

Like I said above, this product is not for everyone. I never suggested everyone should go out and buy it. It's no more of a scam than selling prop guards to people who could just not fly into obstacles.
As I have clearly explained above, there is only one very limited group that will ever benefit from this overpriced policy. The ONLY case where the DJI Care policy holder is EVER ahead is where there is a major crash exceeding $299 in repair costs, which is solely due to pilot error and the policy holder is able to recover the aircraft! In every other case, they are guaranteed to lose money by buying the policy.

Your prop guard analogy is a poor one at best. First, they cost under $30. Secondly, once you realize that you don't need them, you don't have to return the aircraft to DJI to stop using them. The prop guards can also be easily transferred to another aircraft at any time, or resold, once you decide you don't need them! Try that with the $299 DJI Care! :eek:

Take a deep breath and calm down. I assure you that the sky is not falling.

We all get it. DJI Care is not for you. That does not mean it's not a good fit for everyone. Anyone who is thinking of purchasing this should surely read the fine print to understand what it covers.
Is that like saying that gambling in Las Vegas is a good idea, because some few manage to get out of town winners, while everyone else loses $850 per person! :rolleyes:

I can't figure out which post to quote for a reply, but I feel I must comment here.

I don't buy any extra insurance, warranty, service plan, trip cancellation coverage, etc for any product. It's not possible to guess which TV, device, trip, etc is at high risk.

Instead, each time you decline the extras, take an amount of money equal to the cost and place it in a savings account (or more aggressive investment if that suits you.) When anything breaks, use that account to pay for the repairs or replacement. At the end of 10 yrs, 20 yrs and so on, you will be way ahead financially and still have coverage for everything. Self-insured, in effect.

And use a cash back or other rewards credit card that extends manufacturer's warranty for the initial purchase.

The only time you're at risk in this system is during the first few years while building up the balance. After that, you're sitting pretty.

I'm not going to continue to reply to your wild rants. Have a good night :)

Previously, the repair center had to rule out pilot error, before repairing the crashed aircraft for free, under the 1 year free warranty. Now, if you were suckered into buying the overpriced $299 DJI Care, that entire process is bypassed, and they simply use your prepaid $299 to repair your aircraft! In the past, if the cause of the crash could not clearly be attributed to pilot error, DJI covered it for free! So, just because DJI repaired your aircraft with your $299 does not mean it was a good deal, even for you! It might otherwise have been free under the 1 year warranty, if you hadn't purchased the $299 DJI Care, but you'll never know, because they no longer care about the cause, as long as it wasn't determined to be intentional, which is a HUGE loophole, big enough to drive a truck through, if they ever decide to stop paying out on DJI Care claims! :eek:

Last edited:
I'm not going to continue to reply to your wild rants. Have a good night :)
You started this dialogue by opening the door to buying DJI Care more than 48 hours after the purchase, rather than answering the OP's original question, about whether it was worth 25% or more of the purchase price! Would you pay $125,000 a year for homeowner's insurance on a $500,000 house? Would you pay $10,000 a year to insure your new $40,000 car, with no coverage for theft? Does that make telling the truth a rant? Only one person responding to this entire thread has said they are happy with their DJI Care purchase! :rolleyes:

I got a new P4 and have to decide if I should go for the 1-yr care option or not before the 48hrs expire. Do people see any value in the plan? Is the customer support reasonable when it actually comes to repairs or they find reasons for non-eligibility?
Aerial if you have not heard enough on what you ask let me know .
Being this has gotten argumentative we shall take a break before it gets worse .
blinking-arrow.gif

Intermiison 3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj