DJI Care or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly, I am not the least bit worried about this! However you seem to be in the Chicken Little camp of, "The Sky is Falling!"
Take a deep breath and calm down. I assure you that the sky is not falling.

We all get it. DJI Care is not for you. That does not mean it's not a good fit for everyone. Anyone who is thinking of purchasing this should surely read the fine print to understand what it covers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suhail78
Getting coverage under any insurance is totally a personal choice. I don't go for any insurance and consider it as an expensive fun toy.

For me insurance has a definite meaning when it covers injuries to third parties.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I got a new P4 and have to decide if I should go for the 1-yr care option or not before the 48hrs expire. Do people see any value in the plan? Is the customer support reasonable when it actually comes to repairs or they find reasons for non-eligibility?

Have you read the terms and conditions of DJI's care protection plan?.

I originally purchased the protection when I bought the bird directly from DJI. One day I took the time to read what's covered and what's not, immediately decided to cancel the coverage. Not to mention DJI's is notorious for not getting back to you. When you need help they are not the best in getting back to you.
It took me more than a week, several emails and countless hours to cancel DJI's care, should not be that difficult to cancel a service plan.

Call DJI's Tech Support, I'd be surprised if you are able to talk to a live person.

I went with Neary Aerial Media, NAM. Check them out and what 's covered. They have a good reputation in this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: captainmilehigh
i purchased a P4 last weekend, and took it out to fly Sunday afternoon. I've flown small RC helicopters in the past, and the stick controls are virtually identical, so i felt pretty comfortable flying the drone around the soccer field i took it out to for its first flight. Well, long story short, i was about 100 yards away, and silly me was trying to fly by looking at the aircraft and not the screen...got close to a tree and clipped a branch. The phantom took a tumble, but i didn't panic. I let go of all the sticks, and it recovered into a hover.....the next day i bought the DJI Care 1-year plan...just for piece of mind, because accidents happen, and i wanted to be prepared b/c this was an expensive toy. thats my 2 cents.

Hopefully you took the time to read what is covered and what's not covered.

Have read the terms and conditions of DJI's care protection plan?.

I originally purchased the protection when I bought the bird directly from DJI, then I took the time to read what's covered and what's not. So I decided to cancel the coverage. Not to mention DJI's is notorious for not getting back to you. When you need help they are not the best in getting back to you.
It took me more than a week to cancel DJI's care

I went with Neary Aerial Media, NAM. Check them out and what 's covered. They have a good reputation in this forum.

Neary is a good choice. It's more of a service policy than an insurance policy. If you can recover it, Matt(Neary) will fix it.....or replace it. Plus, you don't have to deal with DJI's nonsense. Also have a Marco Polo tracker so unless it takes a swim, I should find it if it wanders off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Plus, you don't have to deal with DJI's nonsense. Also have a Marco Polo tracker so unless it takes a swim, I should find it if it wanders off.

They treat you like if you are an idiot...

If you read the terms and conditions of DJI's care, should anyone change their mind about the coverage and decide to cancel the coverage the AC must be returned to DJI, period. It is not something that they can delete in the computer, unbelievable....

They treat you like if you are an idiot...

If you read the terms and conditions of DJI's care, should anyone change their mind about the coverage and decide to cancel the coverage the AC must be returned to DJI, period. It is not something that they can delete in the computer, unbelievable....

Yeah, what's up with sending it back to cancel? Strange. I think they are just so overwhelmed with service issues. They have sold hundreds of thousands of these things all over the world, and only have limited service centers. Can you imagine what their junk phantom pile looks like? Don't get me wrong, I love my P3S and am amazed at the technology involved, but for service I'll let NAM handle it.

Honestly, If DJI support was anyway closer to that of Autel, I would have bought the insurance with the same terms. Right now I feel the peace of mind wont even get me peace of mind when needed.

I am aware of a lot of horror stories from forums and Amzn reviews that even having the care will not save you from the hassles of going through DJI support to get the service.

Dang, all these posts about how bad an idea DJI care is, is making me regret purchasing it. I guess i'll just live with it now and hope i never need to use it, and if i do that it goes well. Newbie mistake i guess. I just didnt wanna have to worry about crashes, or damage to my new drone. Well, if i ever have to use it, i'll be sure to document my experience here in this forum. Thanks for all the comments i guess..... :) Happy flying everyone! here's a pic i took on my lunch break at work today!

Attachments

• IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 272
Btw, I thought I read that warranty won't cover issues with pilot error or lost drones. Someone mentioned otherwise on the earlier replies.

Also, which is a good tracker to use on P4?

It sound like you are making a case for why nobody should buy insurance in general. I personally don't buy insurance for things unless it's required. But, I'm okay with taking that gamble -- and, fully understand that not buying insurance could end up costing me a lot more in the long run.

And, you would expect something else? Insurance companies in general couldn't exist if they weren't profitable. Most people who buy insurance probably never need to use it. Those who need to use it are always thankful they have it.

I don't think this is accurate.

The policy costs $299. Look around on the forum and you'll find crashes caused by user error that easily exceeded that cost.

I think you over-analyze things sometimes.

299.99 @!@!@#!@$ holy crapola ! sorry, thats just insane to me

299.99 @!@!@#!@$ holy crapola ! sorry, thats just insane to me
Many people think spending $1,400 on a piece of plastic that flies through the air is insane too :)

Dang, all these posts about how bad an idea DJI care is, is making me regret purchasing it. I guess i'll just live with it now and hope i never need to use it, and if i do that it goes well. Newbie mistake i guess. I just didnt wanna have to worry about crashes, or damage to my new drone. Well, if i ever have to use it, i'll be sure to document my experience here in this forum. Thanks for all the comments i guess..... :) Happy flying everyone! here's a pic i took on my lunch break at work today!

Let's hope that you do not have to use the coverage, if you do you are going to have to jump hoops.
Do not get me wrong, I like my P3P and the technology. I just could not believe that it took a week for me to cancel DJI care. I sent numerous emails to their customer service team, sometimes I would not get a response until a day later.

Happy flying and be careful out there.

P.S. Nice pic

Let's hope that you do not have to use the coverage, if you do you are going to have to jump hoops.
What kind of hoops did you have to jump through when you used your DJI Care?

I got a new P4 and have to decide if I should go for the 1-yr care option or not before the 48hrs expire. Do people see any value in the plan? Is the customer support reasonable when it actually comes to repairs or they find reasons for non-eligibility?
I bought the coverage and was very glad I did.

Totaled my P4 after about 700k feet of flying.

Sent it in. Received a NEW, not refurbished, unit in 2 weeks.

Still have 8 months of insurance left. If I destroy this one too, it will also be replaced free.

Makes it much less stressful for me.

I'd do whatever makes YOU comfortable.

Reactions: Suhail78
What kind of hoops did you have to jump through when you used your DJI Care?

Day 1 - Sent an initial email to DJI how to cancel DJI care.
Day 2 - No response.
Day 3 - Sent a second initial copying my original email sent to their customer service team to cancel DJI care.
Day 4 - Received email from DJI indicating that in order to cancel DJI Care the AC must be returned. The email also stated that if the AC was already activated DJI was NOT going to issue a refund. On that same day I sent a response email to DJI expressing my frustration that I had to wait 4 days to receive that response. I also asked to escalate the situation to a Manager or Supervisor.
Day 5 - No response.
Day 6 - I received an email from DJI indicating that my case was referred for review. Meanwhile I did not want to activate the aircraft, by doing so I would not receive a refund. Their policy estates that in order to cancel DJI Care the AC must be returned, Ridiculous..

I bought the coverage and was very glad I did.

Totaled my P4 after about 700k feet of flying.

Sent it in. Received a NEW, not refurbished, unit in 2 weeks.

Still have 8 months of insurance left. If I destroy this one too, it will also be replaced free.

Makes it much less stressful for me.

I'd do whatever makes YOU comfortable.

Glad it worked out for you. You are one of the few that post good results here on the forum. Obviously your totaled P4 was not the result of their notorious 'pilot error' excuse. So, what brought your bird down?

Day 1 - Sent an initial email to DJI how to cancel DJI care.
Day 2 - No response.
Day 3 - Sent a second initial copying my original email sent to their customer service team to cancel DJI care.
Day 4 - Received email from DJI indicating that in order to cancel DJI Care the AC must be returned. The email also stated that if the AC was already activated DJI was NOT going to issue a refund. On that same day I sent a response email to DJI expressing my frustration that I had to wait 4 days to receive that response. I also asked to escalate the situation to a Manager or Supervisor.
Day 5 - No response.
Day 6 - I received an email from DJI indicating that my case was referred for review. Meanwhile I did not want to activate the aircraft, by doing so I would not receive a refund. Their policy estates that in order to cancel DJI Care the AC must be returned, Ridiculous..
Ah, you're referring to cancelling. I guess we should not just assume that everyone who actually uses their DJI Care will run into problems. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20