Are there such addon attachments for DJI Mavic 3 Pro/Classic or Air 3 for surveying and 3D Mapping?

Reaction score
As asked in the title, I was wondering if there are any DJI or certified and reliable aftermarket addon attachments designed for or compatible with the DJI Mavic 3 Pro/Classic or Air 3 for conducting surveying and 3D mapping missions. Please note that I am not entirely familiar with these mission types or technologies, but I am considering the possibility of training for and learning about these types of technologies and missions since my father is proposing getting a Mavic 3E to replace my Phantom 4 Pro to conduct the mentioned missions so I can do those missions for his business. However, I am not entirely certain that the Mavic 3E is the best option. Part of my issue is its price, but also I would feel more comfortable having a drone that could not only do surveying and 3D mapping, but also professional or high quality aerial photo and video shoots for clients which I was told on another forum would be better handled by the Mavic 3 Pro/Classic and possibly Air 3. If I decide to either start my own drone business or get hired for a drone position, I would like to have the knowledge and skills and drone capability to perform a few different types of drone services. I found on the web that there were some addon device attachments to expand the mission capabilities for the Phantom 4 line of drones. Again, I am not entirely familiar with this area, but if there are aftermarket devices that expand mission capabilities of other drones, are there such aftermarket devices that could allow the Mavic 3 Pro/Classic or Air 3 to conduct surveying and 3D mapping missions and possibly other types of missions? Since my father is the one making the purchase and having the final say on the drone selection, given the price tag of the Mavic 3E, as well as being told that the Mavic 3 Pro/Classic and maybe Air 3 would be better for aerial photo and video shoots, I would rather pay the same or cheaper price for a drone that could do high quality or professional aerial video and photo shoots as well as surveys and 3D mapping either with the features already built into the drone or available as addon attachments. I appreciate any information you guys can provide.

Thanks.

I suggest posting this on the Mavic and CommercialPilot sites. Links are at the bottom of this page.

Reactions: rattydude77
As asked in the title, I was wondering if there are any DJI or certified and reliable aftermarket addon attachments designed for or compatible with the DJI Mavic 3 Pro/Classic or Air 3 for conducting surveying and 3D mapping missions.
No ... you are out of luck there because DJI's policy nowdays is that they won't release an SDK to allow 3rd party software makers to modify their mapping programs to use the Mavic 3/Air 3 features.

This was explained here:

Your current Phantom 4 Pro can perform very well in "survey grade" mapping and modeling. It will just need to use a Control Point workflow. You will need GNSS equipment, RTN Subscription (RTK or VRS), photogrammetry software and most likely some GIS software like Global Mapper, ESRI or similar. Its mechanical shutter allows for faster flights without rolling shutter effect (Most major photogrammetry software can deal with this effect, but its best to not have it in the first place). There are still plenty of professionals using Phantoms (4 Pros and RTK) for various types of mapping.

The Mavic 3E will outperform the Phantom 4 Pro in image quality, speed and the ability to use RTK from the drone to reduce or eliminate the need for control points.
The Mavic 3E is a steal for the price for mapping. We just ordered one to replace our Phantom 4 RTK. It can collect images much quicker and has about the same accuracy and precision. It is just incrementally better in most ways to the Phantom 4 RTK.

Reactions: Meta4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl