DJI Announcement coming next month

Earlier this week I got word of an Announcement by the folks at DJI slated for July 18, 2018 at 10am. I was hoping this was going to be the announcement of the Phantom 5 but many believe it will be the announcement of the Mavic Pro II. What do you think it will be?

Whether it's the Mavic Pro II or the Phantom 5, I could care less. Consumers only care about certain features, not the drone itself.

Right now consumers probably most want an optical zoom camera capable of 10X, although I would prefer 20X. A good zoom has so many practical uses for just about everyone who uses a drone. Yes, I know the video stablization won't be as good on full zoom but so what? Getting finer detail on ground subjects is what we all want more than anything. That and maybe an 8K camera but let's not get too greedy :p

I saw a beta version of DJI GO 5 pass by. This version was not compatible with a DJI Phantom 3 drone and also not with a DJI Mavic. I therefore bet on P5.

Reactions: LetsGoPeay
Go 5? How about make go 4 work right first. Lol. Mavic 2 has been in beta testing longer than the p5 has and every other drone coming out is somewhat similar to what the Mavic 2 will be so I bet they release that, who mows maybe they will release both. Go 5 will probably be used on the next versions that will use rc to fly or 4g cell service to fly.

Go 4 works perfectly .. as long as you have a capable tablet to run it.
Try to run it on an inadequate device and you may encounter problems.
I wouldn’t say perfectly. Lol. It has issues from time to time no mater what it is run on. Go4 has way to much unnecessary junk in it that is not needed to fly a drone reliably with.

I wouldn’t say perfectly. Lol. It has issues from time to time no mater what it is run on. Go4 has way to much unnecessary junk in it that is not needed to fly a drone reliably with.
Yes, it's become bloated with unnecessary junk ...
But it does run perfectly on a good tablet.
I know that because I've been running it since December on a great tablet and the app's performance is flawless.
I fly professionally several times each week and it never glitches or misses a beat.

Perhaps we're going to be "seeing the bigger picture" with the new DJI Glasses?

200721o6h0kyykb6ss67s3.jpg

Perhaps we're going to be "seeing the bigger picture" with the new DJI Glasses?

View attachment 100473
I agree with the characters very much resembling an eye test chart in font and appearance... but why would you want to view the world in sphere, as in the picture? With glasses? And why build so much hype for a mere pair of glasses? Nope I dont believe so.. I think Mavic 2 is coming. Maybe glasses too, but there is a new drone on the horizon.

Reactions: alsobrook4336
The artwork is a stylised island that also looks like an eye but the text doesn't look like an eye chart at all.
The font size is the same across the whole ad with only the character spacing changing to take up the whole line.
Bigger picture is probably a reference to a bigger sensor?

Reactions: alsobrook4336
Another thing of interest is that the DJI Goggles slogan is "See A Different World". If DJI is sticking with the same theme, this could be some kind of product that we use to see (like DJI Glasses).

DJI Goggles.jpg

Does anyone else find it odd that DJI still has made no mention of this event on their website? If this is such a huge release (e.g. the Mavic 2), you'd think they'd want to give people some notice (per their usual).

I think it can be more than 1 product which is announced on July 18? Maybe Mavic Pro 2 plus a new pair of glasses, or heck even the P5, MP2 and glasses, but that i strongly doubt, i think DJI “saves” the P5 for later, that’s what DJI seems to do, they seem to have new models of drones ready to be released when a competitor is about to release a new drone of their own. Anyway it can also be that more than one version of the Mavic Pro 2 is released, one with a better 1” sensor and another version with a smaller sensor? I would personally wanted the release to be the Phantom 5 instead of the MP2, but hey that’s just me.

Reactions: Hogfinderone
Go 4 works perfectly .. as long as you have a capable tablet to run it.
Try to run it on an inadequate device and you may encounter problems.
I had to switch to an apple I pad, all of my issues went away. No more Android's for me.

Reactions: Fishie
Whether it's the Mavic Pro II or the Phantom 5, I could care less. Consumers only care about certain features, not the drone itself.

Right now consumers probably most want an optical zoom camera capable of 10X, although I would prefer 20X. A good zoom has so many practical uses for just about everyone who uses a drone. Yes, I know the video stablization won't be as good on full zoom but so what? Getting finer detail on ground subjects is what we all want more than anything. That and maybe an 8K camera but let's not get too greedy :p
Speak for yourself.

The current goggles are massive!
True. An even bigger issue for many people is that it's illegal to use them (since they prevent you from flying VLOS). It could be a hot item for those people that are concerned with flying legally.

Earlier this week I got word of an Announcement by the folks at DJI slated for July 18, 2018 at 10am. I was hoping this was going to be the announcement of the Phantom 5 but many believe it will be the announcement of the Mavic Pro II. What do you think it will be?

DJI Teases new Drone "See the Bigger Picture" for July 18, 2018 - Droneflyers.com

I think DJI when they update their firmware has to have put a bug into their code that code to mess with "Litchi". Since my last firmware update I have had nothing but disconnects and other issues, so I fell-back to an easier code and all my problems when away. Lesson is, if your Phantom 4 is running good, left the firmware updates alone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.