New DJI product coming May 15th

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
DJI posted this mysterious page on their website about a new product announcement on May 15 at 9 AM EST. What will it be?

DJI posted this thread over in the DJI forum to discuss the event. The product likely won’t be revealed there, but you never know what might be leaked.

Last edited:
Well the clue is the “other side”. The other side of drones? Maybe something more land based?

Maybe the shadow is a clue also. Is the shadow trying to depict something?

The problem is comms. You can't use regular radio-frequency communication. That would make it tethered, which seems outside DJI's core business interests. And that's going to be a really niche market by comparison.
Look at it the bright side. If you lose it, you can get it back.

I've seen a few already and it's just amazing. it's truly an alien world. I can't snorkel or dive, so to me, this is the best next thing.
Sorry about that. If I was there in PR, I guarantee would be snorkeling. I have prescriptions goggles with a check valve in the snorkel. Great for big waves. Great low impact exercise.

Reactions: Ansia
Sorry about that. If I was there in PR, I guarantee would be snorkeling. I have prescriptions goggles with a check valve in the snorkel. Great for big waves. Great low impact exercise.
I did a lot of snorkeling and diving when I was younger and I miss it greatly. Now when I go inside water, my heart rate goes up, I lose my breath and start to hyperventilate. It's kinda like a phobia, but I have no idea how I got it, since I haven't had a negative experience to induce it.

Sooo,,, What happens when a Soviet nuclear submarine sails by? do you have to give them the right of way? Does it restrict sailing within 5 Nautical Miles from a port? Hawks? I got your hawks, How about getting eaten by a great white shark? I can just see DJI customer service on this one,,,

I did a lot of snorkeling and diving when I was younger and I miss it greatly. Now when I go inside water, my heart rate goes up, I lose my breath and start to hyperventilate. It's kinda like a phobia, but I have no idea how I got it, since I haven't had a negative experience to induce it.
I liked roller coasters, now I get nauseated. Ok, really sick. Lol

Reactions: Ansia
There are indications that this could be an action camera like a GoPro.

FB_IMG_1557363185688.jpg
FB_IMG_1557363189197.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Dome and clackey
I’m a SCUBA professional and have seen existing underwater remotely piloted vehicles in operation. All of them are tethered, radio just doesn’t work over any distance underwater. That being said, it’s not the hassle you might imagine but does have a few limitation. Good news is: high def real time video and control without lag is easy. The video/photos you take come over the feather and are recorded to your controller SD card.

It’s easy to drive and can go quite deep. If that’s what they are building I’d love to see at what price point.

The image does look like it's underwater and the swimmer wearing those diver flip-flop thingies. My guess would be an underwater camera, or GoPro type camera also suitable for underwater. No need for an underwater camera here in the New Mexico desert! But, would certainly be neat for those who live near lakes, the oceans, etc. You could make your own episodes of "Sea Hunt." (For those under 60, sorry).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20