Discuss the DJI Lightbridge here....

I am getting an error 403 when I try to download the DJI Lightbridge on my Android phone. Anyone else experiencing that problem? Should I change props on my phone??

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
I am getting an error 403 when I try to download the DJI Lightbridge on my Android phone. Anyone else experiencing that problem? Should I change props on my phone??

Kelly

I downloaded to my phone and had no issues. I have a S4.

wkf94025 said:

Kelly

there is a link in the description on the play store thats says if there is trouble downloading try the direct link.

Adam said:
Was happy about the price drop. Will be interested to see if the iOS app comes out soon and if we will be able to get OSD without the app (direct to HDMI monitor). I want to run this on a BIG screen...1080p shouldn't be relegated to a 7" tablet!
+1!!!
Also-now would be a good time for those Goggle manufacturers to create a true HD set of FPV Goggles!!!

Funny-I don't remember ever seeing 60fps down, from the lightbridge in it's specs.??

30fps is more than enough, for me. But, I worry about latency. Also-I'm wondering if the OSD overlay will be switchable, on/off.....so that if we're broadcasting the stream live, we can turn off the OSD. Also-don't own a smartphone-so it would have to be configurable with an iOS device....like maybe a Pee Cee.

Another "cool" thing would be to assign say, channel 1, as having OSD(pilots screen), and channel's 2 through 4?, to have no OSD, for Director and broadcast.

And last on my wish list is "range"......I'm cool with SD, as long as I can get 1000M. 500M-I'd want 720/30....300M and closer=1080/30.

Adam said:
Was happy about the price drop. Will be interested to see if the iOS app comes out soon and if we will be able to get OSD without the app (direct to HDMI monitor). I want to run this on a BIG screen...1080p shouldn't be relegated to a 7" tablet!

Lightbridge has two ways of connecting to your screen. HDMI out for TV screens and a USB port which is specifically for using with an iOS or android device. I suspect you will have to use the app when connecting to those devices where as the HDMI out implies connecting to a TV monitor. Its just speculation on my part but I believe the OSD info will be available regardless of how it is connected.

havasuphoto said:
Adam said:
+1!!!
Also-now would be a good time for those Goggle manufacturers to create a true HD set of FPV Goggles!!!

Funny-I don't remember ever seeing 60fps down, from the lightbridge in it's specs.??

30fps is more than enough, for me. But, I worry about latency. Also-I'm wondering if the OSD overlay will be switchable, on/off.....so that if we're broadcasting the stream live, we can turn off the OSD. Also-don't own a smartphone-so it would have to be configurable with an iOS device....like maybe a Pee Cee.

Another "cool" thing would be to assign say, channel 1, as having OSD(pilots screen), and channel's 2 through 4?, to have no OSD, for Director and broadcast.

And last on my wish list is "range"......I'm cool with SD, as long as I can get 1000M. 500M-I'd want 720/30....300M and closer=1080/30.

Range tests I've seen even in public areas have all pushed past 1km range with 1080 HD signal and stock 5dbi whips. Putting higher gain Omni's or a directional antenna will dramatically increase range. And if you need even more range (probably more range than you have battery) you can use a Sunhans mimo 2.4ghz WiFi booster. That will give you 1watt per antenna instead of the 100mw power :shock:

BenDronePilot said:
Its just speculation on my part but I believe the OSD info will be available regardless of how it is connected.

I hope you are right. From what I've seen from Tahoe Ed and Blade strike (DJI Reps with test units) the HDMI out doesn't have OSD. I asked them to tell DJI to change that, and they said they would pass it on. At least the ability to turn it on or off via the app.

Is there any iOS App for Lightbridge? If so, is this Universal? Having 1080p on an iPhone 5/s isn't really useful, whereas thhe iPad would be more than sufficient for me. Last time i checked on the Lightbridge, someone told me that there won't be any iOS App due to technical restrictions with the USB Connection

Adam said:
I wasn't really excited about this at first but it appears there will be a lightweight GoPro HDMI cable allowing HD output in flight from the GoPro/Zenmuse H3-2D down to a monitor on the ground.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZN1_zq_S2k[/youtube]

If you shop around, you can get Lightbridge for $1,399US. Dronefly is selling for this price.
http://www.dronefly.com/ProductDetails. ... d-Downlink

Won't be long and it'll be under $1,000.

Adam said:
BenDronePilot said:
Its just speculation on my part but I believe the OSD info will be available regardless of how it is connected.

I hope you are right. From what I've seen from Tahoe Ed and Blade strike (DJI Reps with test units) the HDMI out doesn't have OSD. I asked them to tell DJI to change that, and they said they would pass it on. At least the ability to turn it on or off via the app.

What would make the most sense is a toggle switch on the device itself to turn on or off OSD info via HDMI

Another question: can I record 2k/4k footage with my go pro 3+ and still get 1080p/30 downlink?

If not, all those formats above 1080p/60 would be worthless as they won't be downscaled by the lightbridge and thus unstreamable

BenDronePilot said:
Adam said:
BenDronePilot said:

What would make the most sense is a toggle switch on the device itself to turn on or off OSD info via HDMI
Kind of what's on the FPV hub-you can toggle iOSD mini off-by just moving the switch from "osd" to "vid".

Huge oops by whomever set the initial product specs.

Kelly

noreason4 said:
Another question: can I record 2k/4k footage with my go pro 3+ and still get 1080p/30 downlink?

If not, all those formats above 1080p/60 would be worthless as they won't be downscaled by the lightbridge and thus unstreamable

Look at the manual for supported resolutions. 2.4k is not supported. 1080p at 60fps is.

I think I know the answer to this, but would appreciate confirmation from whomever knows the GoPro better than I: you cannot film in 2K and Lightbridge out in 1080p at 30 or 60 fps. Whatever you're recording at is your only option for video out to Lightbridge, and if that's a format that is too bandwidth-intensive for Lightbridge downlink, no joy.

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
I think I know the answer to this, but would appreciate confirmation from whomever knows the GoPro better than I: you cannot film in 2K and Lightbridge out in 1080p at 30 or 60 fps. Whatever you're recording at is your only option for video out to Lightbridge, and if that's a format that is too bandwidth-intensive for Lightbridge downlink, no joy.

Kelly

I guess you could still use the regular AV feed through LB, but then no HD.

Would this regular AV Output be streamed digital too? If so, I could live with it, as 640x480 without any interferences would be fine for the rare times one films in 2k/4k

Then again: Will I have the OSD if I use the AV Out instead of the HDMI out?

What do you guys think: Is the support for 2k/4k filming while streaming 1080p/30 upgradeable via firmware update?

I'm semi confused from the youtube video they posted. It looks in order to use the light bridge on a P2, you will need the P2, the light bridge, and a futaba or a Vision controller. I was hoping I could buy the light bridge and P2 H3-3D and just have everything. Any ideas? I'd love to see them offer a ready to go bundle. Similar to the P2 H3-3D combo. Give me the 5.8ghz controller in that package.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl