Discuss the DJI Lightbridge here....

2trickpony said:
Yes, thanks Ed.
Any idea when it may be available to buy?

No definitive word yet. I would say soon based on the functionality of these beta units.

Tahoe Ed said:
OI Photography said:
Tahoe Ed said:
You can also have up to 8 ground stations connected

Very interesting...thanks for the feedback Ed!

Since BladeStrike lost control input but not video, can I assume you all aren't testing the control aspect of the Lightbridge yet? Sounded like he must have been using a traditional Tx/Rx for that...?

No we are using the Lightbridge for RC control and HD video downlink. The Lightbridge handles both very well. At the field I output to my Galaxy S4. Nice big screen and works well in the sun. It has been demonstrated more than once that the RC range of the Lightbridge is 1.6 to 1.8km. There will be a patch antenna available later that will extend the range to 3km.

Gotcha, thanks again!

Thanks for joining the conversation over here, Ed. Glad to see a DJI rep posting on the board.

I am disappointed that there is no OSD overlay on the HDMI monitor. On the original DJI lightbridge video they showed the OSD overlay on a big monitor at 0:38.

Adam said:
Thanks for joining the conversation over here, Ed. Glad to see a DJI rep posting on the board.

I am disappointed that there is no OSD overlay on the HDMI monitor. On the original DJI lightbridge video they showed the OSD overlay on a big monitor at 0:38.

Hi Adam, nice to be here. The iOSD was intentionally left of the HD monitor because that output can also be used for streaming direct to broadcast. In addition, you can have up to 8 GS linked to the Air unit but only one can be a control unit. So the camera operator can have a large monitor, the pilot can have the Android device and they director can have whatever he wants. It all up to the user. I will say the quality of the video out on my S4 is just outstanding. There are no glitches or fuzziness. You really have to see it to appreciate it. I took it to our AMA field on Sunday and guys were amazed. I am flying it with my A2 equipped F550 and it is not made for speed or distance. So you will not be seeing any 1.6-1.9km videos from me but I am planning to get video once the winds die down in Vegas.

Thanks for clarifying Ed, that makes sense. Perhaps they could offer a setting in the future where the user could turn it off and on as needed. The last video I posted in Spanish really shows off the video clarity. Looks great, even from a GoPro. I have one on order and it will be going on my P2/H3-2D.

I guess the guys at DJI in that video were streaming from a Android device hooked to a large monitor via HDMI to get the OSD overlay on there?

Ed. If I wanted to use the iOS Ground Station with the Lightbridge on a P2, is this possible? Also, can I use the stock P2 controller? Lastly, any confirmation on if the lightbridge will ever work on on iphone/ipad?

I just want to know how does the lightbridge work with stock Phantom 2 controller? or I have to upgrade to futaba? :?:

leekawey said:
I just want to know how does the lightbridge work with stock Phantom 2 controller? or I have to upgrade to futaba? :?:
You'll have to upgrade to a controller that has a training port.

ludedude said:
leekawey said:
You'll have to upgrade to a controller that has a training port.

I think they will have the special lead to connect the mini USB port soon or adaptor. My simple stock controller has 5km range and I love it. :p

leekawey said:

Yeah, I was hoping to just use stock transmitter too. Futaba 8FG on the way. :)

First post here on Phantom Pilots, I guess better late than NEVER :lol:

I did another distance test.. This one I was able to get to 1900+ meters before things went a little nuts. :p The app crashed on me right when things were getting interesting. I was able to fire the app back up without issue and was able to travel a little bit further before RTH was engaged.

Please remember I'm still running on beta hardware, firmware and android app.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT9Udmmh_JQ[/youtube]

Posted on vimeo as well
https://vimeo.com/89271706

blade strike said:

I did another distance test.. This one I was able to get to 1900+ meters before things went a little nuts. :p The app crashed on me right when things were getting interesting. I was able to fire the app back up without issue and was able to travel a little bit further before RTH was engaged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT9Udmmh_JQ

Posted on vimeo as well

Thanks for the videos Blade Strike, looking great. And thanks for joining Phantom Pilots. Anxiously awaiting Lightbridge and flying my Phantom a mile away while watching it all in real time HD! Ask DJI for the ability to switch on OSD from the HDMI port via a firmware setting!

I'll wait for competition before going down this track, but I did notice goodluckbuy selling these for just under $2K, amongst an incredible array of stuff I'd consider illegal, such as lock pick sets!

Adam said:
blade strike said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT9Udmmh_JQ

Posted on vimeo as well

Thanks for the videos Blade Strike, looking great. And thanks for joining Phantom Pilots. Anxiously awaiting Lightbridge and flying my Phantom a mile away while watching it all in real time HD! Ask DJI for the ability to switch on OSD from the HDMI port via a firmware setting!

No problem and thank you for the warm Welcome!

Smithster said:
I'll wait for competition before going down this track, but I did notice goodluckbuy selling these for just under $2K, amongst an incredible array of stuff I'd consider illegal, such as lock pick sets!

I would never buy a device like this from goodluckbuy. You need to purchase from a solid dealer that will be around incase issues arise.

...Great range. Now you can find your bird after a dreaded fly away? LOL

too rich for my tastes sadly :(

Ksc said:
Ed. If I wanted to use the iOS Ground Station with the Lightbridge on a P2, is this possible? Also, can I use the stock P2 controller? Lastly, any confirmation on if the lightbridge will ever work on on iphone/ipad?

The Lightbridge and the GS are not compatible. You can have one or the other just not both. Sorry.

leekawey said:

The Lightbridge is both the RC controller and the HD video downlink. As was stated you will need either a Futaba or JR/Spektrum Tx that has a trainer port.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl