Discuss the DJI Lightbridge here....

Tahoe Ed said:
The Lightbridge and the GS are not compatible. You can have one or the other just not both. Sorry.

Tahoe Ed said:
In addition, you can have up to 8 GS linked to the Air unit but only one can be a control unit. So the camera operator can have a large monitor, the pilot can have the Android device and they director can have whatever he wants.

??

OI Photography said:
Tahoe Ed said:
The Lightbridge and the GS are not compatible. You can have one or the other just not both. Sorry.

Tahoe Ed said:
In addition, you can have up to 8 GS linked to the Air unit but only one can be a control unit. So the camera operator can have a large monitor, the pilot can have the Android device and they director can have whatever he wants.

??

The 2.4gHz Ground Station with BT is not compatible with the Lightbridge. You can have up to 8 Lightbridge Ground Stations connected to one Air unit. Sorry for the confusion.

Tahoe Ed said:
OI Photography said:
Tahoe Ed said:

Tahoe Ed said:

??

The 2.4gHz Ground Station with BT is not compatible with the Lightbridge. You can have up to 8 Lightbridge Ground Stations connected to one Air unit. Sorry for the confusion.

Ahhhh ok gotcha :) The lightbridge's ground end is referred to as "groundstation" but not the same as the existing product DJI sells.

Btw Ed, what 8000mAh 4S batt are you using?

After seeing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wroCt-Iu0o I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of these.

After seeing a few other videos, I'm confused on where it's getting it's power from. Is it from the DBUS? In the above video, there is a cable that plugs directly into the Gimbal port and then to the PCB inside the phantom. But in a few docs, I've seen that cable going to a CANBUS type connector with 3s/6s lipo connectors.

I'd like to hopefully be able to power the transmitter side with a lipo so I can use this without the phantom if needbe.

It's getting power from the p2 Lightbridge plug plug that he plugged into the p2 board. It will also come with the standard cable harness that I am using that will allow you to use 3-6s battery source.

blade strike said:
It's getting power from the p2 Lightbridge plug plug that he plugged into the p2 board. It will also come with the standard cable harness that I am using that will allow you to use 3-6s battery source.
Excellent news! Thanks!

On the app no, but still in debug mode.. HDMI out looks to be 30fps.

blade strike said:
On the app no, but still in debug mode.. HDMI out looks to be 30fps.

Thanks for the reply. So any idea when this will be available to us mere mortals?

Follow

I've ordered 2 of these. One for my phantom 2 and The other for my s1000.
My main concern is that to fly legally in the uk on a bnuc-s licence for aerial commercial work I can't use any more than 25mw on 5.8 ghz fpv - which is rubbish!!!
So the fact it uses the 2.4 ghz signal means I can have a strong picture and be legal too.
Can't wait for the delivery :)

Ravecreative said:
I've ordered 2 of these. One for my phantom 2 and The other for my s1000.
My main concern is that to fly legally in the uk on a bnuc-s licence for aerial commercial work I can't use any more than 25mw on 5.8 ghz fpv - which is rubbish!!!
So the fact it uses the 2.4 ghz signal means I can have a strong picture and be legal too.
Can't wait for the delivery :)

Where did you order them from?

Would be amazing if you could livelink sporting events on big screens.

I work in rallying, and if you could project a live hd image to a large screen whilst filming in the air, that would just be a massive money spinner ;)

volcomstone411 said:
Would be amazing if you could livelink sporting events on big screens.

I work in rallying, and if you could project a live hd image to a large screen whilst filming in the air, that would just be a massive money spinner ;)

You can.

Ed,

Will Lightbridge work with the 900mhz PC Ground Station since it isn't on the same 2.4ghz frequency?

Wonder if both will be too much for a P2?

I ordered mine from morse flight systems in Ashford. They've not been shipped yet as I'm also waiting for the h3-3d too which has been delayed by dji for a week. So if you need one I recon dean could order another for delivery with this.
If anyone is interested I can give you deans contact info.
He's been really helpful.

Ravecreative said:
I ordered mine from morse flight systems in Ashford. They've not been shipped yet as I'm also waiting for the h3-3d too which has been delayed by dji for a week. So if you need one I recon dean could order another for delivery with this.

When I saw you posted in this thread (before I actually read it), I was thinking "Wow, a Lightbridge mounting bracket for the Phantom controller!!"

Bummer :lol:

OI Photography said:
Ravecreative said:

When I saw you posted in this thread (before I actually read it), I was thinking "Wow, a Lightbridge mounting bracket for the Phantom controller!!"

Bummer :lol:

+1 OI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1