Discuss the DJI Lightbridge here....

GlowFET said:
sar104 said:
GlowFET said:
So I'm not sure if the Lightbridge has been released for sale here in the States yet, or not, but. My vendor (DroneFly) emailed me with a reply to my question of a shipping date stating that they are still waiting for DJI to release it. In any case I have one on pre-order now for 2 weeks and I've grown accustomed to the wait and see factor that is unfortunately, a big part of flying hobby.

I guess you have not been reading this, or other topics then. LB has been shipping for a couple of weeks in the US, from several vendors, and a number of us have been using it.

I have been following this thread. But it still remains that I'm being told by a known DJI vendor. That it is still a Pre-Order. Darn.

Where did you purchase your's?

Mine came from All e RC.

Looking at All eRC and it still shows as a pre-order.

allerc.com/dji-lightbridge-2-4-ghz-full-hd-video-downlink-pre-order-p-8774.html

sar104 said:
GlowFET said:

From which you deduce what?

I just got off the phone with them. You sir are one of the lucky ones. They got 5 in and sold right away. At present they are backordered and waiting for arrival.

I guess I'll just continue to wait out the DroneFly order I made two weeks ago.

GlowFET said:
sar104 said:
GlowFET said:

From which you deduce what?

I just got off the phone with them. You sir are one of the lucky ones. They got 5 in and sold right away. At present they are backordered and waiting for arrival.

I guess I'll just continue to wait out the DroneFly order I made two weeks ago.

If they only had 5 then I was very lucky, since I did not pre-order with them - I had a pre-order elsewhere that I cancelled when I found All e RC had them (they posted availability on a different forum). Anyway, another user (shaunmed) found one yesterday, I think, at a different dealer. You might check with him in case they still have some.

Mine has Shipped. I guess the inquiries to my seller might have gotten results. But for now. . . The winds have calmed down and I'm going flying.

Presumably the DSLRPros LB combo with HD goggles will use the ground station HDMI out? Which presumably will be without telemetry data, correct?

Got my lightbridge yesterday, i'm in the uk. Two boxes turned up, one with the main bits in and a extra box with the holder for a phone, lightbridge to rc holder, the flexible hdmi cable to gopro hero for the phantom 2 and a few screws .
The one thing I did not get was any paperwork in the boxes or cd. The mains plug to the charger is a European plug. So the uk supplier must have sourced from Europe or dji send wrong plug in the boxes. I will have to source a adapter or a 'clover' uk lead for the power brick charger.
A couple of questions for anybody who has a lightbridge did you get anypaperwork in the boxes, even a business cards like with the phantom 2. Does anybody know where to get a 'dc' plug for the lightbridge base unit.
Regards Rich

Rich007 said:
Got my lightbridge yesterday, i'm in the uk. Two boxes turned up, one with the main bits in and a extra box with the holder for a phone, lightbridge to rc holder, the flexible hdmi cable to gopro hero for the phantom 2 and a few screws .
The one thing I did not get was any paperwork in the boxes or cd. The mains plug to the charger is a European plug. So the uk supplier must have sourced from Europe or dji send wrong plug in the boxes. I will have to source a adapter or a 'clover' uk lead for the power brick charger.
A couple of questions for anybody who has a lightbridge did you get anypaperwork in the boxes, even a business cards like with the phantom 2. Does anybody know where to get a 'dc' plug for the lightbridge base unit.
Regards Rich

I saw no paperwork at all. There is documentation on the LB section of the DJI website though.

In that extra box that I received were also a number of power plug adapters, although mine came with an appropriate US plug on the power cable. However, there have been several reports of faulty LB power cables leading to shorts, so I immediately replaced the cable - it is a fairly common style used by Dell and others.

I am building at Tarot 810 with either Naza V2 or Wookong. I definitely plan on adding the LB later. Would it be best to save the money and get the V2 and put towards LB. Since LB has a lot of the features that come with the Wookong? Beside video downlink of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks sar104

Thought it was strange to get no paperwork at all in the boxes. Have today had it temporary connected to phantom 2. Used the video on dji web site and manual download. Both could do with a make over to make clear. But have got it going on the table. Picture quality A1, bit of lag but hope this will improve with firmware update. Waiting for 3D gimbal at moment, not available in uk yet. Been told 1-2 weeks!
Did read about the poor quality of the charger cable. I'm away in the caravan at the moment, lucky the socket in the shower area is the european type so was able to charge the lightbridge base up. Will have a look out for dell dc plug lead and make up portable charging power lead, which in my opinion should be included.
Regards Rich

Lightbridge Charging DC 'Plug' size & where to purchase

Hello All

Has anybody got hold of a replacement DC 'plug' or lead with a plug which can be used as a replacement to charge the Lightbridge station (do not want to cut up original lead). As I normally charge in the ''field' from portable 12v input Turnigy charger.

Have measured the outside of the plug diameter as @6.4mm and the internal as @4mm.
I cannot find a supplier on the internet.

Dell plugs are advertised as 7.4mm and internal 5mm.

Regards Rich

Re: Lightbridge Charging DC 'Plug' size & where to purchase

Rich007 said:
Hello All

Has anybody got hold of a replacement DC 'plug' or lead with a plug which can be used as a replacement to charge the Lightbridge station (do not want to cut up original lead). As I normally charge in the ''field' from portable 12v input Turnigy charger.

Have measured the outside of the plug diameter as @6.4mm and the internal as @4mm.
I cannot find a supplier on the internet.

Dell plugs are advertised as 7.4mm and internal 5mm.

Regards Rich

That's approximately what I measured, and I was also unable to find a supplier. I've no idea why they did that.

Tahoe Ed said:
leekawey said:
I just want to know how does the lightbridge work with stock Phantom 2 controller? or I have to upgrade to futaba? :?:

The Lightbridge is both the RC controller and the HD video downlink. As was stated you will need either a Futaba or JR/Spektrum Tx that has a trainer port.

Can you not use the existing Radio independently of the Lightbridge setup?

MMouse said:
Tahoe Ed said:
leekawey said:
I just want to know how does the lightbridge work with stock Phantom 2 controller? or I have to upgrade to futaba? :?:

The Lightbridge is both the RC controller and the HD video downlink. As was stated you will need either a Futaba or JR/Spektrum Tx that has a trainer port.

Can you not use the existing Radio independently of the Lightbridge setup?

No - they both operate in the 2.4 GHz band. If you wanted to keep a separate control link then you would have to modify it to use something different, such as 5.8 GHz.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl