Discharging Batteries & storage ?

Reaction score
Hello so I understand it's important to discharge the battery , is flight time down to 30%-20% sufficient ?
Also I have multiple battery's if I store then in the DJI smart battery tray will it maintain them properly without me doing anything else?

Thanks for your help and input much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

When you're ready to store your batteries, charge them up until the 3rd battery light starts blinking. If they are already charged beyond that point, then let them alone and they will auto discharge down to 65%.

If using the DJI battery charging hub, you can put it into storage mode and charge your batteries up to 50%. If your batteries are already above 50%, then it's not worth your time to try discharging them down to 50% with the hub. It takes forever. Just let them sit and auto discharge per the "Time to Discharge" setting in DJI GO.

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

Reactions: socalvn
Excellent information [emoji4] thanks guys , it's not a cheap investment want to make sure I maintain properly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is there a limit to how long it is wise to keep them in storage mode. 6 months?

Is there a limit to how long it is wise to keep them in storage mode. 6 months?
Your batteries will last longer if you use them more often. For long term storage, I'd recommend you check your batteries at least every two months to ensure they are within the proper storage range (see more details here). If possible, try to use them at least every three months.

I do hope to use them a lot more often than that! Thanks for the info, that makes sense to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20