CsvView - an app that visualizes .csv files

Reaction score
CsvView is an app that I've been developing to visualize a .csv produced by DatCon or TXTlogToCSVtool (@ferraript's .txt to .csv converter). It's still being developed but there is enough functionality to get some user feedback. If you're interested in trying CsvView it can be obtained by going here and then selecting beta version 0.9.3. CsvView is an offline app. There is a rough draft of the user manual that can be obtained by starting CsvView and selecting Help->User Manual.

Here's a plot created by CsvView from a .csv file produced by TXTlogToCSVtool.
upload_2016-7-16_12-47-53.png

Plots created from .csv file produced by DatCon look much the same.

Reactions: Bratan and Digdat0
Awesome!

All the TXTlogtoCSVtool I tried loading showed this:

TimeAxis column offsetTime doesn't exist

Awesome!

All the TXTlogtoCSVtool I tried loading showed this:

TimeAxis column offsetTime doesn't exist
In the menu bar you need to set the .csv Source to "TXTlogtoCSVtool". This is explained in the user manual.

very very promising looking tool, thank you very much for your hard work. will check it out with some of my interesting logs and see how it feels.

I feel like I'm not doing something right. Seem to not have any trouble with converted .dat files.

1vsc.jpg

I'm getting the exact same error when using a converted flight log from the TXTlogToCSVtool. But if i use the DatCon tool to convert a dat file, it works just fine.

50hdMak.png
It's trying to load the .xml file that describes the .csv file column structure for TXTlogToCSVtool. Can you verify that C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\DJI Data Tools\txtSignals.xml exists. It should have been created by the install script. The directory C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\DJI Data Tools should have everything needed for CsvView to run.

It's trying to load the .xml file that describes the .csv file column structure for TXTlogToCSVtool. Can you verify that C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\DJI Data Tools\txtSignals.xml exists. It should have been created by the install script. The directory C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\DJI Data Tools should have everything needed for CsvView to run.

Ok maybe that's the issue. I have been using each tool, the DatCon, the TXTlogToCSVtool, and now CsvView by the exe option and not installing them.

So, even though the mentioned file are in the extracted folder, it now sounds like we need to install the program which would be CsvViewSetup.exe

EDIT: Yes sir that's what it was. Now works very well.

Nice work so far Roland!

Last edited:
Ok maybe that's the issue. I have been using each tool, the DatCon, the TXTlogToCSVtool, and now CsvView by the exe option and not installing them.

So, even though the mentioned file are in the extracted folder, it now sounds like we need to install the program which would be CsvViewSetup.exe
Yes. The txtSignals.xml file didn't get put into the .zip. An oversight on my part. I've fixed this. If you download the .zip again it'll have the txtSignals.xml file.

Is there a reason you don't use CsvViewSetup to do the install?

Thanks to you and @Digdat0 for helping to resolve this and testing CsvView.

Reactions: exit 4
@BudWalker would it be possible to set CsvView to be able to function with the arrows on the keyboard?

What functionality would you like the arrow keys to have?

When I use the tool I kept reaching for the arrows keys to tweak the indicators position on the graph. I use the arrows keys in other program's I work with and now have a habit of using them.

A new beta is available. Version 0.9.4 can be downloaded from here.

This version will accept a .DAT or a .txt as input that will automatically be converted by either DatCon or TXTlogToCSVtool. It will also accept a .csv that will be inspected to see if it was created by either DatCon or TXTlogToCSVtool and take the appropriate actions.

The drag/zoom gesture was fixed. The drag/zoom gesture wasn't mentioned in the user manual. Basically, to zoom into a particular area of a SigPlayer 1) pick a corner of the target area and do a left mouse click and hold down, 2) drag the mouse to the opposite corner and release the mouse.

I didn't add the keyboard shortcuts yet. This would've include the arrow key functionality that @flyNfrank wanted. I suspect the reason for wanting the arrow key functionality is that using the value tracker can be difficult because the points are too close together. In the meantime can you zoom into the area that you want and then just use the value tracker?

Working very nice!

one suggestion:
if I have some open SigPlayers and I choose another input file, SigPlayers should be redrawn according to those new data
That's a good idea. It eliminates the problem where two SigPlayers from different files are tracking each other.:)

Beta version 0.9.5 is available from here. The bug that caused some users not to be able to read .DAT or .txt files has been fixed. This version also has the GeoPlayer which is still being developed. The main thing the GeoPlayer needs is to display Google Earth images; maybe this will work by the next beta.

PERFECT!

I went through all file formats with no issues.

Will there be more data added to the txt and csv format's?

PERFECT!

I went through all file formats with no issues.

Will there be more data added to the txt and csv format's?
Yes, there will be more signals added. It's really easy to do but I haven't gotten around to it because there are decisions to be made about what to include and what to name the signals. Look in the file txtSignals.xml to see what is already defined. You can even experiment by modifying this file and trying it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic