CSC Safety - Makes it impossible to accidentally kill your motors in the air

But I am more afraid of blocking my flight controls by intentionally putting something that is designed to prevent full motion.
This does not prevent you from doing a CSC on purpose. Just turn the block 90 degrees and you'll be able to fully pull down the right stick.

5s.jpg
7s.jpg

See more photos here:
CSC Safety - Phantom Help

Well, hopefully it was some good stuff :)

Does the block fit snug on the shaft or flop around?
It's snug to prevent it from turning by itself. It's very easy to turn though. At the most, it's going to add 1/2 second onto the process in an emergency situation.

Msinger... Simple, cheap and semi effective. Well done but I'm a fence sitter on this. I can see how it can help and how it can hinder.
I can suggest a solution though... In the case of an emergency, advise users to turn the controller upside down and the let the preventative/restriction block slide down via gravity, and then trigger CSC. This way, the thumbs never leave the sticks and reaction time is reduced.

Maybe DJI should look into building an accelerometer/gyro/gravity mercury switch into the remote. Motor shut off is when the remote is upside-down+CSC...
I can see the user raising the remote right above their heads (so its upside down and then CSC triggered). Hands above head usually is a sign for help also.

I need one for my p3s I always have a heart attack when doing a quick decent and accidentally push too far and click into csc. Thankfully I flick it up fast enough to not have a stall. Still scary as hell though. My heart skips a beat just thinking about it ughhhh

Reactions: hms
I need one for my p3s I always have a heart attack when doing a quick decent and accidentally push too far and click into csc. Thankfully I flick it up fast enough to not have a stall. Still scary as hell though. My heart skips a beat just thinking about it ughhhh

You can't click into CSC. I'll resist the urge to suggest that you....what the hell....RTFM.

Why would you [also] use 100% Pitch (back) & 100% Roll (left) commands as well as 100% Rudder (right), or the 'other' combo, during a descent?

Awesome invention, I just ordered two. Seriously, DJI should give an option to turn off the ability to do a CSC mid air, or at least make it more complicated than just the two sticks. This is the next best thing.
I had a Bebop drone for a while and it dropped like a rock to its death for no reason. I'm 99% sure I didn't push the equivalent CSC command on it, but after that I'm not at all at ease knowing that there's a way to trash my new $1000 toy in a split second, and that there's a possibility that I could trigger that without a hell of a good reason.
One tip: It took me a while to realize that you can test in a safe way exactly what will trigger a CSC and what will not, so that when you're doing a full-speed descent you don't feel anxious about using the other stick for gentle movements. Simply have the phantom on the floor stopped and practice what makes the motors start running. It's comforting to see that nothing happens before both sticks are 97%+ in their respective corners.

Reactions: hms
For those who already ordered and did not see my email (from about an hour ago), I'll be sending a replacement on Monday. The design was about 1mm off, so it won't fit quite right. When rotated, CSC is not activated because the stick is not far enough into the corner. Sorry :(

For those who already ordered and did not see my email (from about an hour ago), I'll be sending a replacement on Monday. The design was about 1mm off, so it won't fit quite right. When rotated, CSC is not activated because the stick is not far enough into the corner. Sorry :(
blank stare.png
Ya mean I got ripped ? I want my money back !!!!!
Wait...I didn't ask or pay for any and ya was giving them away so never mind :)
running jack.gif
well was gonna try :rolleyes:

Um.. if the p3p loses signal and is heading toward people... how can the remote even transmit a CSC command?

Reactions: Ezookiel
Mine does start the motors when placed in the correct orientation. If I turn it more than about 5 degrees either way then it doesn't start. I thought it was designed to be that way.

I just ordered 2 of these buddy ! Very inexpensive peace of mind ! Thanks!

No problem-- I was going to take the Dremel to mine:D:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl