CSC Safety - Makes it impossible to accidentally kill your motors in the air

It would be a good idea adding anoyher action to stop the engines, like combining one of the C buttons. The other day I accidentally stopped the motors during a fly. I only was trying to descend a litlle more, only pulling back smotly the left stick, then sudently It stopped. Fortunetly it was 2 meters af hight. One thing is the CSC combintion o two sticks and other is, that only pulling one stick at botton position more tan one second is enougt to stop in flight the rotors. This is very bad specially when you are trying to lose altitude, cause you accidentally can stop the motors. If somebody knows something to prevent this, let it me know please.
(Sorry my English).

If somebody knows something to prevent this, let it me know please.
With the Phantom 3, not doing it is the only way to prevent it. There is no way to modify the controls that trigger the CSC. The CSC Safety that I posted up in the first post above will make it impossible to do a CSC mid-flight.

...One thing is the CSC combintion o two sticks and other is, that only pulling one stick at botton position more tan one second is enougt to stop in flight the rotors....
(Sorry my English).
You're mistaken. Holding the descend stick down will not shut off the motors unless you have landed.

Reactions: Oso and dirkclod
My one crash happened during a panic when I somehow–through muscle memory–performed a CSC. Impact broke my camera.

I now use one of these simple little devices. Most of the time I remember to activate it.

SB

Bought my dad a phantom advanced.. new to flying he panicked at 100 feet up and did that shutdown command... really messed the drone up.

After reading pros and cons on this thread, I have come down on the side of csc prevention. However I see the safety side of the issue too. I thank the author of the thread for his efforts, but I have use a different approach. It is not perfect but meets my needs.

I cut a rectangle of 1/8 inch thick rubber and fixed it in place. When flying it will prevent csc shutdown if one is not violently manipulating the joystick. But if you need to perform csc shutdown, you are probably in a panic and can pull the joystick with enough force to bend the rubber stop and shut down. The same is true for arming the motors.

No need to remember to remember to put the guard in place.

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice work. Got a photo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.