Crashed Phantom 4 Pro. Where do I by these spare parts?

Reaction score
IMG_1964.JPG IMG_1960.JPGIMG_1969.JPGIMG_1965.JPGIMG_1962.JPGIMG_1966.JPG IMG_1967.JPG
I flew my P4P into a tree top so it fell to the ground and injured one leg so bad it needs to be replaced even the other leg got a smaller bang, so it's probably best to replace that one too. What's worse is that the gimbal went straight off but the camera is intact and looks well! Even the inner shaft of the gimbal, the one inside the gray stomach, seems to bee fine. I have tested the machine in general (without the props) and it seems to work OK and answers good to the joysticks. – Is there anyone in this forum that has parts I can buy or do you know where to buy these quickly? Preferably within the EU.

View attachment 89816 View attachment 89819View attachment 89820View attachment 89821View attachment 89815View attachment 89817 View attachment 89818
I flew my P4P into a tree top so it fell to the ground and injured one leg so bad it needs to be replaced even the other leg got a smaller bang, so it's probably best to replace that one too. What's worse is that the gimbal went straight off but the camera is intact and looks well! Even the inner shaft of the gimbal, the one inside the gray stomach, seems to bee fine. I have tested the machine in general (without the props) and it seems to work OK and answers good to the joysticks. – Is there anyone in this forum that has parts I can buy or do you know where to buy these quickly? Preferably within the EU.

Sorry for your crash.

The good new is; You should be able to google for the landing gear or try Phantom Help. However the bad news is; unless the gimbal parts of the P4P vs P4 are interchangeable, and I don’t know if they are, it’s not likely your going to be able to find the individual parts to rebuild your gimbal. Maybe another forum member knows if they are interchangeable. You can however find the entire assembly, but it’s pricey.

You may be better off sending it in to DJI for an itemized repair estimate.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Traveler...

Reactions: Pjotr
Sorry for your crash.

The good new is; You should be able to google for the landing gear or try Phantom Help. However the bad news is; unless the gimbal parts of the P4P vs P4 are interchangeable, and I don’t know if they are, it’s not likely your going to be able to find the individual parts to rebuild your gimbal. Maybe another forum member knows if they are interchangeable. You can however find the entire assembly, but it’s pricey.

You may be better off sending it in to DJI for an itemized repair estimate.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Traveler...

The P4 and P4P Gimbals (yaw arms in particular) are NOT interchangeable. Bummer, I know. The real bad news is that it would be better for you to send your drone to a repair shop rather than fix it yourself. I crashed my drone into a tree, breaking the yaw arm. I bought the parts ($80 worth) and tried to repair myself. Unfortunately, DJI uses soft screws which strip really easily and impossible to get out if they do. So, I sent the camera module off in pieces. Guess what? I had to buy a brand new module ($700). Arrrrrg.

Reactions: Pjotr and Traveler
I sent my p4p back to dji for repair.
got an estimant for repair for 248.00.
they said labor would take 2 hours at 65.00 per hour.

You should call Mike Holt in California and discuss your needs. He repairs Phantoms and has lots of parts. PM me if you want his contact info.

Aliexpress has a lot of parts... And I mean a lot. My P3A was in the same state as yours in march this year. Sent it to dji and I was shocked by the price because it was so low. It £90 to fix. The labour costs more then the actual parts. The camera snapped off, shell was bent and broken..... Might be worth trying to send it off

Yep, DJI does tend to quote small costs for repairs and parts. However, you pay for it in frustration and more lies when having to deal with them and their customer service department. You might get lucky and find that they actually do what they say but you would be among the fortunate few as I have found. They indeed treated me that way on my crash. I never did get them to tell me what happened or explain how a P4 can fly upside down, straight down!
Good luck, keep us posted please.
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Neon Euc
Since a week back, I have ordered 2 landing gears (DJI original) the gimbal yaw arm and gimbal yaw+pitch motors from Ebay. Delivery though, can be as late as 21 december! I will let you all know if I succeed to mend the P4P. If so, I will approximately have saved 550 dollar, maybe more!

Reactions: Neon Euc
Sorry I havn't come back to tell how it went with my repair! Well I got my gears from three different shops in China, the landing gear original from DJI. Following a one hour Youtube video I managed to fix the gimbal. But! the long ribbon cable was longer and had a smal extra connection compared to the original. The shop insisted that it was the right one so I just mounted it and it seems to work. The only problem is that the camera is aiming some degrees to the left. I have made all thinkable calibrations and even tried to force it to point straight forward but it won't accept that and I don't want to twist his neck of. So if anyone has a ingenious tip to solve it i'd be more than thankful!

Did you do a dual axis gimbal calibration?

This kind of calibration is identical to a standard gimbal calibration except you balance the craft on the rear motors so the craft and camera is pointing straight up. Execute the same calibration routine in GO4 as you normally would with a standard calibration.

After that do another standard calibration with the craft level.

See this post.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31