Crashed my P4 today by flying too low. Will I recover it? (learn by my mistake)

Thx for kind words, yeah it really sucks because I wasted great and expensive drone.

But I am in process of making plan how to recover it (although what chances are it is worth it?). It is difficult for several reasons: its very cold in Sweden now (about 2 celsius) so I would need a boat, I crushed it about 20m from the shore and after little research I estimate that craft lies about 8m down...
Any phantom-recover experts give me your tips I would highly appreciate that! :)
I wouldn't bother recovering it. Offset the cost(s) with a new one.
Put it down to trial and error and move on. Nothing is learned without failure first.

I don't know if this is relevant to this crash. I am new to drones, but not new to aviation. I usually expect a downdraft over water and an updraft over dark terrain. In addition, I have observed that there is usually an updraft under dark clouds. Of course, I am NEVER that low when flying my Cessna. As someone else mentioned, I have read where the downward sensors need to be turned off when flying low over water. It is a great video! I hope you get another drone soon. P4's are getting cheaper. The P4 is an amazing machine. I want to upgrade someday, but the P4 will be with me for a while......(I hope!) :)

I put a Getter Back on each leg, has 100' of 10lb line with float that pops loose after going under water. They are very lite, and at least the motors and possibly other parts still salvageable if not in the water too long, salt water is another story. I have recovered 2 phantoms from water crash, and ruined only the battery on one, and second one got the GoPro, but drones in both cases after blowing out and drying under mild heat worked fine. Yet to put P4 in water, lots of close calls.
Vimeo.com/vvertigo

Reactions: FlashBuddy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor