Eta ate my P4

The wet suit protects only from rain not from wind LOL.
I would take off in such conditions only if I intend to say by by to my drone.
I think it switched to ATTI because it hadn't been able to maintain the position so decided not to relay on GPS data any more.
But anyway it's not matter any more. Are you going to get a new one?
I have an experiment for you. Start your Phantom in GPS mode and let it get a fix. You have your wife drive while holding your Phantom on you lap still running. After 5 km, get out of the car and see if your Phantom returns home. What would happen? Don't try it. It was just a thought. I also thought it would lose GPS while in the car.

• Haha
Reactions: Capt KO
Well, I don't see other reason. He said that it jumped to ATTI.
If the drones' (IMU or whatever) couldn't eliminate inconsistencies e.g. big differences in stick inputs and real drone movement, it will discard GPS data and switch to ATTI.
If you have better explanation I would like to hear it. I'm not an expert in electronics, it is just logical reasoning.
Serious compass data conflicts are a completely different thing.
If the drone is having trouble with a strong wind, it would make no sense for DJI to program it to give up and switch to Atti Mode.
And we've seen plenty of data from blowaway incidents and the drone never gives up and switches to Atti Mode.

Just had to try the wetsuit in a hurricane. Hope someone finds it and calls the ph# but my guess is it autolanded about 3 miles in the Gulf o Mexico. It switched to atti and before I could react, lost contact behind trees. Chased by truck but never reconnected. Did not put the MarcoPolo on before flight. Waaaaa

Pilot Error max. Lol 1st big mistake. Time to break out the P4P that was saved for this reason.

View attachment 120594View attachment 120595View attachment 120596View attachment 120597
I checked the weather here where I'm at. They said 60 mph gusts and power outages today. Guess what I thought about doing? After lunch today, I opened up the heavy doors to Friday's restaurant and the wind caught hold of it. It jerked it out of my hands and slammed it open so hard, it broke the door and it wouldn't shut. Ain't no way I'm sacrificing my drone. What were you thinking? Lol

Windy ay
Be careful out there
20201116_101511.jpg

Haha ... in such situation it would be wise to seriously estimate about putting the drone up in the air or not.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20