Crash my phantom on a tree branch... Help

Reaction score
Was flying today having some fun and didn't notice a tree on my side...
Didn't react on time and my phantom keep his inertia and barely hit a branch of the tree. The motors shoot down and the phantom fall from close to 4 feet...
The bird is working perfectly but the gimbal stop working... It move when you turn on the bird but doesn't get 90 degrees straight. It doesn't obey controller gimbal wheel neither.
Do I completely lost it or it is a possible repair for it?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Try and Calibrate it...

Reactions: snowghost
I tried that and the camera move up and down during the calibration process but never got straighten out... Camera work perfectly but gimbal its kind of crazy...

I have done it like 10 times... It worked twice and the camera started working ok. Obeyed the controller wheel and gimbal works all right but once I turn the bird off it went crazy again... Anyways that I can replace it?

Looks like I screw up my gimbal... Can't believe it's mess up from just a 3 feet fall on the grass... A combination of a idiot flying and bad luck...
No fix possible I guess...
Anyone?

Looks like I screw up my gimbal... Can't believe it's mess up from just a 3 feet fall on the grass... A combination of a idiot flying and bad luck...
No fix possible I guess...
Anyone?
Did you check all of the cables on it?

Cables doesn't seen out or disconnected...
its completely out of alignment I'm guessing... looks like with the impact get out of alignment and now its malfunctioning... It sucks that it get damage from that low altitude but again its my fault for not paying attention.

It seems like the motors are damaged in the gimbal. Try balancing the gimbal with a piece of tape or small weight so that it is horizontal and see if it stays like that when the power is on. Perhaps there will be a possibility of having the motors replaced later or if not a repair might be possible. The combined gimbal and camera is a negative factor for Dji because it costs so much to replace both together.

That's all I had... I nicked two trees at my house... Still flying but very very carefully now.
Me too. I've had a couple epic, and survived collisions of this sort, and they are a little easier to blunder into than I first thought. I'm significantly more cautious now. Someone one YouTube remarked that if you are going to regularly use your P3 Camera Drone strictly for FPV flying, your going to crash it. I disagreed and crashed the next day. LOL BUT THE LIGHTBRIDGE IS JUST TOO WONDERFUL NOT TO OFF ON SOME FPV EXCURSIONS. BUT WITH $1,300 AT RISK, I'M MORE CAUTIOUS NOW.

Me too. I've had a couple epic, and survived collisions of this sort, and they are a little easier to blunder into than I first thought. I'm significantly more cautious now. Someone one YouTube remarked that if you are going to regularly use your P3 Camera Drone strictly for FPV flying, your going to crash it. I disagreed and crashed the next day. LOL BUT THE LIGHTBRIDGE IS JUST TOO WONDERFUL NOT TO OFF ON SOME FPV EXCURSIONS. BUT WITH $1,300 AT RISK, I'M MORE CAUTIOUS NOW.

What was the overall reasoning regarding the FPV assertion? Flying FPV makes me 10 times as cautious.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub