Couple errors tonight

D

DrewFlies

Last night I flew my P3P and had no errors.
Tonight I flew in the area I had VPS errors before. Its an open field, flat ground. I was able to duplicate the error and now I think I know one of the causes for VPS error. When I was flying around casually taking pics and video everything was good no problems with VPS. I bring my dog out to the field and fly the Phantom as fast it can go in circles so my dog chases it. Thats when all the VPS errors started popping up. I was at least 30 feet above ground and it told me on the main screen I was only 2 feet above ground and sometimes it said I was 0.0 ft above ground. Let the battery go to 20% for the first time and then popped in new battery. Same thing, flew casual and the moment I started full throttle in circles VPS went haywire again. It was giving me all types of readings. Once again, in a field, flat ground and I dont put any leash or collar around my dog so he has nothing metal that could possibly interfer. Another thing is tonight was the first time I let my batteries go to 20% and I have to say its awfully annoying and puts lots of pressure on you when your remote keeps beeping because low battery. A warning and a beep is fine. But, continously beeping? Not necessary in my opinion. I can imagine filming something and gettng some last second shots. You're already under pressure as you know the battery is low. But, to keep beeping continously is very annoying and puts more pressure. Also my app crashed several times. Im using 1.10 dji pilot and 1.1.9 firmware. I also have a Samsung S5. Some google error message pops up and it always freezes DJI Pilot app to the point I have to open the menu and kill the app manually. This happened on other occassions and amost every time I fly. I dont go any further than 700 feet distance and 200-400 feet altitude. Most of the time when the app crashes like that, I'm at close range. Within 40 feet altitude and 100 feet distance. I'm super paranoid to fly crazy distances like you other people are doing for that exact reason. It sucks major when your app crashes and you no longer have FPV. Good thing I'm always insight of the Phantom when it happens. When I get the error messege only the DJI pilot app freezes and crashes. My phone works fine and that error messege only pops up when I'm using the DJI Pilot App. I never see it any other time so I know for a fact its the DJI Pilot app. I don't know hopefully this is good information and could possible help fix some bugs and I now can duplicate the errors and know what to do. The only one I'm not sure is why the app crashes. My phone doesnt get hot nor does it over heat like some people are mentioning. Anyways, any advice would be cool. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: clkilljoy
Last night I flew my P3P and had no errors.
Tonight I flew in the area I had VPS errors before. Its an open field, flat ground. I was able to duplicate the error and now I think I know one of the causes for VPS error. When I was flying around casually taking pics and video everything was good no problems with VPS. I bring my dog out to the field and fly the Phantom as fast it can go in circles so my dog chases it. Thats when all the VPS errors started popping up. I was at least 30 feet above ground and it told me on the main screen I was only 2 feet above ground and sometimes it said I was 0.0 ft above ground. Let the battery go to 20% for the first time and then popped in new battery. Same thing, flew casual and the moment I started full throttle in circles VPS went haywire again. It was giving me all types of readings. Once again, in a field, flat ground and I dont put any leash or collar around my dog so he has nothing metal that could possibly interfer. Another thing is tonight was the first time I let my batteries go to 20% and I have to say its awfully annoying and puts lots of pressure on you when your remote keeps beeping because low battery. A warning and a beep is fine. But, continously beeping? Not necessary in my opinion. I can imagine filming something and gettng some last second shots. You're already under pressure as you know the battery is low. But, to keep beeping continously is very annoying and puts more pressure. Also my app crashed several times. Im using 1.10 dji pilot and 1.1.9 firmware. I also have a Samsung S5. Some google error message pops up and it always freezes DJI Pilot app to the point I have to open the menu and kill the app manually. This happened on other occassions and amost every time I fly. I dont go any further than 700 feet distance and 200-400 feet altitude. Most of the time when the app crashes like that, I'm at close range. Within 40 feet altitude and 100 feet distance. I'm super paranoid to fly crazy distances like you other people are doing for that exact reason. It sucks major when your app crashes and you no longer have FPV. Good thing I'm always insight of the Phantom when it happens. When I get the error messege only the DJI pilot app freezes and crashes. My phone works fine and that error messege only pops up when I'm using the DJI Pilot App. I never see it any other time so I know for a fact its the DJI Pilot app. I don't know hopefully this is good information and could possible help fix some bugs and I now can duplicate the errors and know what to do. The only one I'm not sure is why the app crashes. My phone doesnt get hot nor does it over heat like some people are mentioning. Anyways, any advice would be cool. Thanks

You have all the information. You can duplicate the error. Why it is happening is for DJI to give a answer. Sorry you got me.

Like the doctor said, if banging your head against the wall hurts, stop banging your head against the wall! ;) Seriously, though, Blade Strike suggested turning off VPS, as it is reportedly buggy in the 1.2.6 update, if you are having issues with it. It isn't necessary for outdoor flying stability. Besides, your dog will still chase your P3 without VPS. (You did say any advice would be cool...) :D

Like the doctor said, if banging your head against the wall hurts, stop banging your head against the wall! ;) Seriously, though, Blade Strike suggested turning off VPS, as it is reportedly buggy in the 1.2.6 update, if you are having issues with it. It isn't necessary for outdoor flying stability. Besides, your dog will still chase your P3 without VPS. (You did say any advice would be cool...) :D

it would also be cool to read my whole post. As I stated I'm in 1.1.7 and have flown multiple times with no errors - until now. This post isn't really to solve my issues as nobody would be able to solve it except DJI. This post was to point out what causes the errors and maybe can help DJI solve it.

it would also be cool to read my whole post. As I stated I'm in 1.1.7 and have flown multiple times with no errors - until now. This post isn't really to solve my issues as nobody would be able to solve it except DJI. This post was to point out what causes the errors and maybe can help DJI solve it.

Sorry, I did read your whole post, but did overlook the FW version you are on. With so many VPS issues with 1.2.6, my post was to help anyone with Blade Strike's advice, to turn it off unless flying indoors. It is still good advice to turn it off outdoors, if you are having any issues with it, no matter what FW version you are on. Hover safely!

I'm wondering why you were still using the old version of the app.
Have you updated since?

I will update the app. I remember reading a thread about how there was an update for the app and DJI was not aware of it. Is there any bug or reported errors with the new app?

I have novels that are shorter than your post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20