Cost effective fpv

Reaction score
I want to be able to share the visual flying experience with wheelchair bound people. I doubt I can afford the DJI goggles, so I am wondering what is the most cost effective and easiest way to give them this immersive experience?
I had looked at Eachine units but add on the HDMI module and it gets quite expensive.
Any help would really be appreciated.

Mike

A pair of cheap VR Goggles that hold your phone and Drone VR.

No need for the HDMI board as the phone just connects via normal USB.

DroneVR - FPV for DJI drones by Appologics UG (haftungsbeschrankt)
DroneVR - FPV for DJI drones on the App Store

Total cost: £15 for goggles and £4 for the above app.

That sounds perfect as someone has given me some cheap Goggles like that, but I would lose the screen view that I have for flying I think.

Mike

Yup you'd only have line of sight as the pilot but it's a cheap as chips way of getting that FPV arse in a field, head in the clouds feeling [emoji6]

I suppose though that even with the module on as well the cost is not too bad around £90.

I think that is the route I will need to go.

Many thanks

Mike

You'd also need some FPV goggles too and a half decent pair can set you back £350!

Also not entirely sure you can still view the app while simultaneously having someone else use the goggles.

With my earlier suggestion you can fly FPV for next to nothing or you can give someone else the experience while you fly line of sight.

Thanks for those thoughts, I will see what is going to be possible. It certainly is the cheapest way to go.

Mike

Reactions: BriG
Mike, when you say, "share the visual flying experience" do you mean only via goggles? If not, then another affordable way to go would be via the HDMI out again but having an LCD monitor plugged into it. This is just another angle that could be possible with a nice long HDMI cable and a small UPS to power the LCD monitor.

-David

Mike, when you say, "share the visual flying experience" do you mean only via goggles? If not, then another affordable way to go would be via the HDMI out again but having an LCD monitor plugged into it. This is just another angle that could be possible with a nice long HDMI cable and a small UPS to power the LCD monitor.

-David

And the cost effective version of this - your tablet of choice connected via USB as opposed to your phone = no additional outlay whatsoever [emoji6]

I want to give the people the effect that they were sitting on the craft as it flies through the air. Consider being bound to the ground via a set of wheels, how amazing such a flight would be for them. That's why I am going to shy away from monitors and use Goggles to make it immersive for them. I think that using some cheap Goggles , an old phone and an HDMI module is the way I need to go. I had though that the Eachine ones could receive directly from the poor info that there is but it appears not.

Mike

You don't need to buy the HDMI module.. Just connect your phone via its normal charging/USB and the other end to the regular USB port on the controller.

Install the app I linked to and once connected simply put the phone in to the goggles.

I am going to give it a try. Just waiting on an old iPhone 4 coming available very soon.

Many thanks

Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.