Reaction score
There have been various conflicting reports on the forum(s) about whether DJI goggles are doing the job they should. I need to buy some goggles now that will give a viewer, not the pilot, the best view possible whilst the aircraft is flying.
Are the DJI goggles the best choice or should I look elsewhere at say Eachine d2 or simple phone in a holder type. I am not too worried about cost, I am worried about the best experience for the viewer. Which will give the the best possible immersive type view with a Phantom 3p or 4p?

Many thanks

I own the goggles, a Mavic and a P4P,

Because of the FAA rules, the pilot can not wear the goggles while controlling the drone

The Mavic is set up to allow the goggles to Connect wirelessly for a guest to view and not be restricted by a cable so he or she may wander around aimlessly looking to the sky and bumping into things while you view the drone in the air while checking the tablet on your controller and at the same time observe your friend wearing the goggles go over the cliff,

The P4P controller restricts you to either the goggles or the tablet, not both at the same time, there is a workaround using an HMDI cable that is connected to the controller.

I beleive the goggles was designed for the Mavic, for the most features to be viewed in the goggles.

Be aware that since the goggles have batteries, the goggles are heavy to wear on your head.

Hopefully this information will assist you in your decision,,,, good luck

Last edited:
Thank you for the thoughts Budman. I will be checking them out. Methinks that the Epsom ones will be too expensive.

I've got a P4 Pro and the goggles and I love them.

I run an iPhone 7 to initiate takeoff then plug in goggles into USB to then control and land the drone. I'm doing this until a get a hdmi adapter so I can have both plugged in at the same time

Sounds a bit messy but the viewing experience with head tracking etc is fantastic !

a31burgervan thanks for your ideas. Regretfully I need tot be able to watch the aircraft full time, as the goggles are for someone else. I have installed the HDMI module but once done the controller will not work as it cannot pair with the aircraft. Still lots of problems to solve

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl