Controller help; flashing red and beeping

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I ordered a used Phantom 3 advanced, but I am still waiting on the aircraft. A friend gave me a spare gl300c controller but as soon as I power it on, it constantly flashes red and beeps.

Is there a fix for this? If there is a fix, can it be done without having access to th aircraft?

Is there a fix for this? If there is a fix, can it be done without having access to th aircraft?
Too many variable's. Wait for the aircraft.

Thanks. Can I do the calibration without the aircraft?

To make sure it is the cause, move the sticks - there should be a position at which it will read they are at midpoint and start the RC.
I think there was a button combination which starts calibration; not sure though. If you'll be able to find the position to start the RC, you can calibrate it via mobile app.

The beeping could be also caused by low battery.

Ok so I have the aircraft now. I am having trouble connecting to the app/linking the controller. Obviously I still have the blinking red and beeping. Where do I start? How do I eliminate the controller error?

I briefly tried to connect to the app and cant connect. Im assuming this is due to the controller not being linked but I really dont know for sure.

OK if can't conect to app to do rc linking try this way,it's a manual relink
Screenshot_20180125-121239.jpg
...have you got usb conected from remote to tablet or phone

OK if can't conect to app to do rc linking try this way,it's a manual relinkView attachment 102745 ...have you got usb conected from remote to tablet or phone

Yes I have the usb connected to an iPad. I just tried the manual steps you listed, but still no link. I think it has to do with the red blinking and beeping. Maybe it wont allow me to link because of this? There must be a solution to this issue.

Gave this a try, still a no go. Cant link the remote and cant connect to app. Im going to try same thing but with my S7 instead of iPad.

Its gotta have something to do with the alarm. It seems many people have had this issue with the controller and most had success in resolving this issue.

When the calibration issue happens, the RC is not really booting - so it is expected that mobile app connection will not work.
It boots only after sticks are moved to center; having them in place even for split second is enough.

When the calibration issue happens, the RC is not really booting - so it is expected that mobile app connection will not work.
It boots only after sticks are moved to center; having them in place even for split second is enough.

Thanks for your help. Im unsure if it is a calibration issue.....moving the sticks does not stop the alarm. If I cant stop the alarm, how am I supposed to calibrate or link to the aircraft? There must be a workaround

Ok so I have the charger for the controller now. Seems as if it wont charge. When I plug charger in, the 1sr white led blinks. After walking away from it and returning 15min later all lights are off.

If I power up controller with charger plugged in, it doesnt beep.

Any ideas? battery issue?

Could be battery issue. But it is actually more likely that the charging chip needs reflowing - many people reported such issue. Try searching for "controller not charging" in the forum.

Could be battery issue. But it is actually more likely that the charging chip needs reflowing - many people reported such issue. Try searching for "controller not charging" in the forum.

Thanks, I will take a look. Do you think that may be causing the beeping/flashing as well?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan