Constantly Tilting Down Camera

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I had a quick question that fits in with all other questions and answers in this one.

Can the gimbal be damaged if the settings are set at the extremes? MAX being 1000 and MIN being -1000 with center being -850? I don't have mine set like this but I'm asking because I want to get the camera to aim as straight down as possible for certain shots. I figured I'd ask before trying it myself.

Also, what does the gimbal gain do?

Thanks!

YeeaaBoii said:
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I had a quick question that fits in with all other questions and answers in this one.

Can the gimbal be damaged if the settings are set at the extremes? MAX being 1000 and MIN being -1000 with center being -850? I don't have mine set like this but I'm asking because I want to get the camera to aim as straight down as possible for certain shots. I figured I'd ask before trying it myself.

Also, what does the gimbal gain do?

Thanks!

The Servo has physical limits which you cannot exceed. If you set the software limits beyond the physical limts it will try to drive the motor against the end stops.

Best thing to do is spend £100 on a 3D Power 2-axis brushless gimbal and get your vertical shots stabilised at the same time. The Vision's 1-axis servo is fairly useless.

ZonComGMZ said:
I did some testing. When the camera is pointed all the way up or all the way down when it is flying if the F2V tilts in the direction too much it seem like the tilt is then put about a quarter of the way down. For example if the camera is pointed all the way, at the top of the servo limit, when you fly forward the F2V tilts the front two props down to go forward. This turns the F2V nose down and the servo on the camera gimbal can't overcome the difference because it is already at its limit. It then seems like it defaults about a quarter of the way down.

I tried changing the Pitch & Gain on the Gimbal settings but it didn't help. I think once you have the camera servo at it's high or low limit it will keep moving. You can trying changing the MAX & MIN values in the Gimbal Settings in DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant and then try not to keep it at it's servo limits to see if that helps.

I'm Using these settings
Servo Travel Limit
MAX= 600
Center= -600
MIN= -800

Gain
Pitch= 40.00

I have a Mac and on my software assistant its got Pitch and Roll settings.

Can anyone please give me both Pitch and Roll as changing my gimbal settings to 'default' seized the servo on my camera. Ive bought a new camera so want to make sure I don't use 'default' settings incase the same thing happens again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4