Connection to Phantom Failed

Reaction score
Hello! all, I hope someone can help me here with my ill-fated 2 weeks old DJI PV+

After crashing, i had the above problem :
Unable to connect between phone camera and phantom vision+ v3
- I can connect the phone camera to WiFi Extender
- I can see WiFi strength and WiFi Extended battery
- I can control gimbal pitch.
- RED dot light on gimbal.
- BUT NO GPS, NO TELEMETRY, NO CAMERA

Tried ALL the following possible fix but no luck:
- Re-bind WiFi extender to Phantom
- Un-pair Wifi bet phone and phantom and Pair again
- Re-installed DJI Vision App
- Checked all camera and gimbal cables and they are good.
- Tried different phones.

I've contacted DJI Support many times but THEY are all DEAD after getting my money.

Hello! all, I hope someone can help me here with my ill-fated 2 weeks old DJI PV+

After crashing, i had the above problem :
Unable to connect between phone camera and phantom vision+ v3
- I can connect the phone camera to WiFi Extender
- I can see WiFi strength and WiFi Extended battery
- I can control gimbal pitch.
- RED dot light on gimbal.
- BUT NO GPS, NO TELEMETRY, NO CAMERA

Tried ALL the following possible fix but no luck:
- Re-bind WiFi extender to Phantom
- Un-pair Wifi bet phone and phantom and Pair again
- Re-installed DJI Vision App
- Checked all camera and gimbal cables and they are good.
- Tried different phones.

I've contacted DJI Support many times but THEY are all DEAD after getting my money.

I have similar problem after crash- camera tweaked beyond repair, but also slightly bent leg with wire extending to board at the end. It popped out but looks ok. I have new camera/gimbal on the way and hope this will cure the "unable to connect" problem. Even though it wont connect it shows wi-fi extender battery level- but nothing else.

We need to sticky this.

If you crash and lose connection, then it is highly likely that the 4 pin cable is damaged or needs to be inspected.

There are 3 grey sets of cables from the phantom to the gimbal board. Disconnect all 3 and inspect. Pay close attention to the 4 pin clip in cable. Make sure all the pins seat in nicely.

Reactions: Dr.One
I have a new camera and gimbal assembly on the way. My other concern was the compass board which popped out of the leg. I was able to snap it back in and assume it is OK. I am hoping that the message that the unit was "unable to connect" (the battery level was displayed, but nothing else) had nothing to do with the compass, but only with the clearly damaged camera/gimbal unit. THANKS FOR RESPONSE!

We need to sticky this.

If you crash and lose connection, then it is highly likely that the 4 pin cable is damaged or needs to be inspected.

There are 3 grey sets of cables from the phantom to the gimbal board. Disconnect all 3 and inspect. Pay close attention to the 4 pin clip in cable. Make sure all the pins seat in nicely.

Thanks for the info.

Yes I did:
" - Checked all camera and gimbal cables and they are good."

Is there anything to do with the WiFi module? or the the camera itself?

Thanks again

I have a new camera and gimbal assembly on the way. My other concern was the compass board which popped out of the leg. I was able to snap it back in and assume it is OK. I am hoping that the message that the unit was "unable to connect" (the battery level was displayed, but nothing else) had nothing to do with the compass, but only with the clearly damaged camera/gimbal unit. THANKS FOR RESPONSE!

Hi Tim, Please update the outcome of your camera and gimbal replacement. Thank you.

i did open and disassembled the WiFi module:
i noticed a slight blotted on both sides of internal chips, not sure if this caused the WiFi and camera problem ( see pictures)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi Tim, Please update the outcome of your camera and gimbal replacement. Thank you.
Sadly, new camera has not fixed problem. The camera buzzes, moves around and settles itself. The battery level of the range extender displays accurately on the camera page- along with the message "connection to Phantom Failed". I tried all the usual stuff- rebinding, etc. to no avail. I fear some other part- a board or wire was damaged. The quad itself works fine- I suppose I can fly it around with no eyes! The three cable sets connected fine although I suppose I should pull and reconnect them. I AM BUMMING OUT

Sadly, new camera has not fixed problem. The camera buzzes, moves around and settles itself. The battery level of the range extender displays accurately on the camera page- along with the message "connection to Phantom Failed". I tried all the usual stuff- rebinding, etc. to no avail. I fear some other part- a board or wire was damaged. The quad itself works fine- I suppose I can fly it around with no eyes! The three cable sets connected fine although I suppose I should pull and reconnect them. I AM BUMMING OUT

omg, i can feel you Tim.
Is the status light in front of the gimbal Solid RED light.? if so then we have the same problem.

I am getting a new WiFi module soon. I suspect mine is the blotted chips that busted.. gosh! this is really frustrating.

omg, i can feel you Tim.
Is the status light in front of the gimbal Solid RED light.? if so then we have the same problem.

I am getting a new WiFi module soon. I suspect mine is the blotted chips that busted.. gosh! this is really frustrating.

I am now installing Phantom Assistant which supposedly will analyze the components. After a struggle to get it into my Ipad, it said "looking for devices" and came up with nothing, even though the SSD was clearly visible on my network list and the copter respond fine to the controller. Next I will hook up direct to my PC and see what it comes up with. I am finding this video helpful:

Hi Tim ,

Is the status light in front of the gimbal Solid RED light.? as in picture ? Thanks
image.jpg

I have green lights there and everywhere else. I have done everything I have seen in all posts/instructions on this and DJI forums: rebind, upgrade all firmware, WIN drivers, Airplane mode, etc. Always end up the same: Connection to Phantom failed- although the batter level of the wi-fi extender displays, so the "Connection" must be somewhat intact. I fear my crash damaged something more but am very

I have green lights there and everywhere else. I have done everything I have seen in all posts/instructions on this and DJI forums: rebind, upgrade all firmware, WIN drivers, Airplane mode, etc. Always end up the same: Connection to Phantom failed- although the batter level of the wi-fi extender displays, so the "Connection" must be somewhat intact. I fear my crash damaged something more but am very

i ordered a WiFi transmission module replacement, will keep you updated if this works for me.

i ordered a WiFi transmission module replacement, will keep you updated if this works for me.
Great. I just bought a used one from a high rated Amazon seller- just the copter with camera. Between the two I will have spares, and if the wifi module works for you let me know. The thing that mystifies me is why the range extender battery level is displayed yet the connection "failed". Clearly the only way the app know the battery level is through the wifi.

HI Tim and Dr. One, I have been struggling with the same issue. I am looking forward to your updates on the parts and if that fixed your issues. My camera has a green light on it. I'm just trying to figure out if its range extender or the built in wifi transmitter on the quad itself. Thanks and good luck on your resolutions.

HI Tim and Dr. One, I have been struggling with the same issue. I am looking forward to your updates on the parts and if that fixed your issues. My camera has a green light on it. I'm just trying to figure out if its range extender or the built in wifi transmitter on the quad itself. Thanks and good luck on your resolutions.

Kepana, my WiFi module is arriving soon. Will keep you updated once i replaced mine and see if it really works by replacing it. If not then you can find my Phantom parts on eBay :)

Kepana, my WiFi module is arriving soon. Will keep you updated once i replaced mine and see if it really works by replacing it. If not then you can find my Phantom parts on eBay :)

I just received a PV2+ I bought slightly used from a high rated Amazon seller. We will see how it works with my controller and range extender. If it works fine I know it is something with the copter and will have to send it back.

Thanks so much for the reply you two. Dr.One, if it does not feel free to message me if you have a price in mind :D

I just received a PV2+ I bought slightly used from a high rated Amazon seller. We will see how it works with my controller and range extender. If it works fine I know it is something with the copter and will have to send it back.
The used one I bought on Amazon looks perfect but the camera just hangs there, buzzing and getting warm. I do not need another problem to analyze so back it goes. Back where I started from. PLEASE let me know if wi-fi module fixes- I do NOT want to send my whole machine backto DJI. Where did you buy module, and how hard to replace? Thanks

The used one I bought on Amazon looks perfect but the camera just hangs there, buzzing and getting warm. I do not need another problem to analyze so back it goes. Back where I started from. PLEASE let me know if wi-fi module fixes- I do NOT want to send my whole machine backto DJI. Where did you buy module, and how hard to replace? Thanks

Hi Tim, Replacing the WiFi module is very easy but it does not solve the problem. For my experience in most company's tech support, DJI support is the worst ever. Been contacting them for almost two months now but no reply. DJI SUCKS.!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav