Complete Firmware reinstall?

Reaction score
So i brought a used phantom 3 std stupidly. The firmware on the drone is screwed up, like seriously screwed up. I get no data in the app. The controller link light on the aircraft is green whilst its red on the controller but i can still operate the gimbal. I believe that it needs the firmware being completely wiped off and reinstalled. The firmware is that broken that i can't do a normal update either from the app (as the aircraft is apparently disconnected) or the SD Card as it just throws errors.
Does anyone know how to delete the firmware and reinstall it?
thanks

Try linking the tx to the ac after you've connected to the tx wifi signal. If you dont know how to link, read the manual(downloaded from DJI site).

The firmware is that broken that i can't do a normal update either from the app (as the aircraft is apparently disconnected) or the SD Card as it just throws errors.
Only the AC is updated via SD Card. The RC is updated through the app. Do not have the AC on for the RC update, and vice versa for the AC. Try re-loading again then you will probably need to re-link.

Only the AC is updated via SD Card. The RC is updated through the app. Do not have the AC on for the RC update, and vice versa for the AC. Try re-loading again then you will probably need to re-link.
How do i do a controller update?

To steer you correctly, see below. It is a bit different than the A and P.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did you ever get your bricked drone fixed. There are other posts where a good collective of people managed to work out what RX / TX / Ground connections to solder to so that you can use software like putty to be able to modify files on the RC / AC. I myself bought a bricked drone for the purpose of learning about hacking the firmware. With credit due to the original authors i will be adding my own guide on how to recover AC and RC firmware from a tftp server within the next week or so.

There is also talk of the "magic button" which will re-flash the firmware but i havent tried this route yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan