Come on in....its a free for all!

@Pull_Up

Its all Cool ;)

Your lead up to your post got a giggle from me too.
I really like people with a bit thicker skin and a healthy sense of humor.

Nvr2fst said:
@drJay

Yes lets all continue on this path of being so false faced and sugar coat everything so as not to upset the thin skin masses.
In my lifetime alone I have seen a major shift to catering, hand holding, nobody can do wrong, etc. A total **** pile of a nanny state. You can live in it but I will fight it until the end.

I appreciate your opinion, but this is a quadcopter forum, not Congress, Parliament, or whatever. If you'd like to discuss politics, the UN, conspiracy theories involving black helicopters (not DJI ones, of course), I'm sure there are places for you to vent whatever frustrations you may have with our society there with other like-minded individuals.

Pull_Up said:
Nvr2fst said:
@Pull_Up

Its all Cool ;)

I know. When are we going to come out as the first couple of phantompilots.com, hun?

Does that mean the drag race is back on? :D

Nvr2fst said:
Pull_Up said:
Nvr2fst said:
@Pull_Up

Its all Cool ;)

I know. When are we going to come out as the first couple of phantompilots.com, hun?

WHOA!
Your a dude.......right? :shock:

No!! Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't realise you preferred men! Still there are plenty of those around here....

;)

gunslinger said:
How'd you set up that search ? We should make it a Stickey:

-slinger

I setup a google custom search for us; or we can ask Adam to make one for the whole site and slap it on the toolbar above :mrgreen:

Nvr2fst said:
Pull_Up said:
Nvr2fst said:
@Pull_Up

Its all Cool ;)

WHOA!
Your a dude.......right? :shock:

LOL, someone was cautiously optimistic here...

Pull_Up said:
gpauk said:
gunslinger said:
Does that mean the drag race is back on? :D

I think we'd all pay to see that........

I bought a Vision and an extra battery. I need all the cash I can get. Get your wallet out.

Hmm... those moths need their sleep....

What's the official term for someone who will sell their... whatever.. for Drone parts? :mrgreen:

I understand what the op wants but disagree with his logic. It is a personal gripe that when a newcomer asks a simple naive question some know it all comes along and posts a link to where the information can be found. It must take more time for him to come up with the link than it would to post a simple courteous reply. A simple question that has been asked many times can be simply answered and as the forum is so busy it will drop off the first two pages within less than 48 hours.

In addition, I have read many newbie posts that have evolved into interesting discussions and quite often have revealed information that has not come to light before.

As the op poster seems so keen on others speaking speaking their mind I will give my opinion. I have no idea of his true personality but he/she comes over as elitist and seems to have a propriatorial view of what the forum should be, namely a group of intellectually superior people swapping exciting nuggets of information. This is not a personal attack, it is just the feeling I get.

And finally, I personally enjoy reading newbie posts and feeling their excitement after their first few flights.

pault said:
I understand what the op wants but disagree with his logic. It is a personal gripe that when a newcomer asks a simple naive question some know it all comes along and posts a link to where the information can be found. It must take more time for him to come up with the link than it would to post a simple courteous reply. A simple question that has been asked many times can be simply answered and as the forum is so busy it will drop off the first two pages within less than 48 hours.

----No, you don't give them a link. (Unless you like) You simply point out there is a thread already discussing it. Simple really. It is just a learning tool, nothing else. Like other forums people will see real quick how things work here after everybody directs them elsewhere when necessary. This is not a new idea. It is the way it's done.

In addition, I have read many newbie posts that have evolved into interesting discussions and quite often have revealed information that has not come to light before.

-----This in itself is not reason to repeat posts. It does more harm than good. Interesting conversations can start anywhere.

As the op poster seems so keen on others speaking speaking their mind I will give my opinion. I have no idea of his true personality but he/she comes over as elitist and seems to have a propriatorial view of what the forum should be, namely a group of intellectually superior people swapping exciting nuggets of information. This is not a personal attack, it is just the feeling I get.

-----By all means speak your mind. I appreciate it. Elitist? Hardly. I am actually a very nice person....I think. If you notice I start by pointing something out with no malice intended. A bit direct sometimes but I find in the real world things get accomplished more this way. Of course we know what happens next. Thin skins get insulted and go right to, how dare you question me, start insulting and making snide remarks and yes sometimes I take the gloves off.

And finally, I personally enjoy reading newbie posts and feeling their excitement after their first few flights.

----You can Still read them. Why does it have to be a new repeated topic? What part of this are you people not getting.

No offense taken.
It sucks when typing rather than talking you have to always add this because it is so easy to misread peoples intentions without the variations in voice. More arguments start because of this.

This is still going on?? It's a FORUM FOR HELP people... If you don't want to read someones thread about their first flight over water, then don't click on it.

This is the reason that everyone I've talked to since getting into RC aviation believes that all RC Pilots are fat conceited assholes trying act like they are hot stuff. NOT TRUE, but threads like this don't help the perception.

whitewatersalvo said:
This is still going on?? It's a FORUM FOR HELP people... If you don't want to read someones thread about their first flight over water, then don't click on it.

This is the reason that everyone I've talked to since getting into RC aviation believes that all RC Pilots are fat conceited assholes trying act like they are hot stuff. NOT TRUE, but threads like this don't help the perception.

+1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4