P4 Firmware Class D Airport - Question

Reaction score
How does the NFZ work? If a pilot was flying a Phantom 4 and for some stupid reason did not realize the aircraft was approaching the Phoenix, Arizona Deer Valley airport (Class D). At what point would the aircraft react to the NFZ and what will the aircraft do, stop, hover, land, RTH or some other action? Just for a test only I attempted to start the P4 motors one mile from the fence of the airport. The motors would not start. Not with DJI Go, Litchi or with the controller. I drove home and there was no problem.
I was planning a Litchi Mission along a canal at 50 ft. alt. that came within 1/2 mile of the airport fence. I cancelled the mission.
Years ago I flew hundreds of flights out of that airport, before and after it had a tower.

Last edited:
How does the NFZ work? If a pilot was flying a Phantom 4 and for some stupid reason did not realize the aircraft was approaching the Phoenix, Arizona Deer Valley airport (Class D). At what point would the aircraft react to the NFZ and what will the aircraft do, stop, hover, land, RTH or some other action? Just for a test only I attempted to start the P4 motors one mile from the fence of the airport. The motors would not start. Not with DJI Go, Litchi or with the controller. I drove home and there was no problem.
I was planning a Litchi Mission along a canal at 50 ft. alt. that came within 1/2 mile of the airport fence. I cancelled the mission.
Years ago I flew hundreds of flights out of that airport, before and after it had a tower.
For a test I started the motors near the airport on the Phantom 4 inside my truck. I drove toward the airport. Nearing the airport RTH was initiated. That answered my question. Bad decision not to have the aircraft tethered inside the truck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj