No Fly Zone Question

Reaction score
I had planned a flight for a location 1.1 miles from an uncontrolled airport - Class G airspace. I'm a 107 pilot. Before I left I logged on to the DJI site and unlocked the zone for flight. I've flown in this area before; after unlocking the zone. When I arrived at the location and powered up the aircraft I got the message "Cannot Take Off", and the overall status said "Cannot take off in a no-fly zone". I went to the DJI Go 4 My Unlock NFZ Application section and the airport in question showed a valid. I went thru the unlock process again on the iPad I use for flight. I still received the message cannot take off. I packed up a drove to a location just outside the NFZ and was able to fly (1.8 miles from the airport). After a short flight there I returned to the original planed location and was able to fly.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? The only explanation I can think of is the Phantom must be powered up outside the NFZ after the unlock but before entering the NFZ.

Seems to be simply a delay in the unlock being received, as there could be a human in the unlock process, which could result in this happening?

I had planned a flight for a location 1.1 miles from an uncontrolled airport - Class G airspace. I'm a 107 pilot. Before I left I logged on to the DJI site and unlocked the zone for flight. I've flown in this area before; after unlocking the zone. When I arrived at the location and powered up the aircraft I got the message "Cannot Take Off", and the overall status said "Cannot take off in a no-fly zone". I went to the DJI Go 4 My Unlock NFZ Application section and the airport in question showed a valid. I went thru the unlock process again on the iPad I use for flight. I still received the message cannot take off. I packed up a drove to a location just outside the NFZ and was able to fly (1.8 miles from the airport). After a short flight there I returned to the original planed location and was able to fly.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? The only explanation I can think of is the Phantom must be powered up outside the NFZ after the unlock but before entering the NFZ.
I've had the same experience. I guess we're supposed to get used to it. DJI makes unpredictability a definite reality for 107 pilots. I'm keeping my non-upgraded P3P handy on every mission.

-- zigs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan