Charged both my batteries to full capacity but now it's raining.

Reaction score
Sorry to clutter the forum if its already been addressed but I have a new P4P. I have two batteries for it and was hoping to get some fly time today between showers but the rain hasn't let up and I won't get to fly today and it will probably be several days to a week before I do get to fly due to my schedule. What is the best/easiest/safest way to drain some of the battery so that they're safe to store?

My brand new drone came with a bad battery right out of the box and I ended up buying two additional batteries. Realizing quick that these batteries aren't invincible by any means, it has me a little paranoid about treating the batteries appropriately. I've been doing some searching and youtube watching and the topic seems really convoluted. Does anyone have any P4P battery for dummies information handy so I can make sure I'm doing all I need to do in regards to using/storing/caring for the batteries?

Thanks!

What is the best/easiest/safest way to drain some of the battery so that they're safe to store?
Don't touch the button on the batteries and they will auto discharge down to the storage level on their own.

Does anyone have any P4P battery for dummies information handy so I can make sure I'm doing all I need to do in regards to using/storing/caring for the batteries?
Check out this post for some long term storage tips and the Battery Safety Guidelines.

Don't touch the button on the batteries and they will auto discharge down to the storage level on their own.
Oh ok. Isn't the default 10 days before it does this? Is it safe to store the battery at 100% juice for the 10 days until it automatically discharges?

Is it safe to store the battery at 100% juice for the 10 days until it automatically discharges?
Yes. If you want them to discharge faster, you can decrease that time in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

That setting is stored on the battery, so you'll need to insert each battery in your Phantom one-by-one and change the setting.

Reactions: GhostShelter
And with your previous battery that was new and faulty, did you send it back to DJI for a replacement as they will do that for you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31