Caution: check your failsafe options!

Reaction score
Tonight I went to fly a little bit in the dark. As I was flipping through my settings I noticed that the failsafe option had changed itself from RTH to Landing. Very bad! Fortunately, I caught it and was able to change it back. I did NOT change this setting, even by accident.

So, just a caution to everyone to check your failsafe settings before you fly unless you want your Phantom landing who knows where if you lose signal.

By the way, I'm using the Android DJI Pilot app (latest firmware and software) and a Phantom Pro.

Where is the RTH height ?, I looked for it last time I flew - could not find it!!
MC settings -> advanced settings -> Failsafe mode

Reactions: Farmer
Tonight I went to fly a little bit in the dark. As I was flipping through my settings I noticed that the failsafe option had changed itself from RTH to Landing. Very bad! Fortunately, I caught it and was able to change it back. I did NOT change this setting, even by accident.

So, just a caution to everyone to check your failsafe settings before you fly unless you want your Phantom landing who knows where if you lose signal.

By the way, I'm using the Android DJI Pilot app (latest firmware and software) and a Phantom Pro.
Good to know. Another DJI secret brought to the light of day. Who would of thought that all your defaults would be changed with each update. I have still not updated to the latest...I will wait for the dust to settle.

Good to know. Another DJI secret brought to the light of day. Who would of thought that all your defaults would be changed with each update. I have still not updated to the latest...I will wait for the dust to settle.

Last update it didn't do this though which leads me to believe they changed something in the file that handles RTH.

My personal opinion is you should always check all settings after any software or firmware updates, including the app. And it might be a good idea to make some of those critical items part of a pre-flight check (like making sure props are tight and battery is firmly seated and you get an updated home position).

MC settings -> advanced settings -> Failsafe mode

Wow, lucky me!.I actually photographed your reply with my phone - the directory string to change/check RTH.
And today I lost video transmission from my bird (1.4km away still on my property) and had to hit the RTH on the radio.
I had preset my RTH to 80metres and was so happy and relieved to see my bird come home.
Thanks again.

One thing that's confusing to me about the failsafe height is whether it switches to feet when I adjust the settings to Imperial ...I'm assuming it's still in meters

Wow, lucky me!.I actually photographed your reply with my phone - the directory string to change/check RTH.
And today I lost video transmission from my bird (1.4km away still on my property) and had to hit the RTH on the radio.
I had preset my RTH to 80metres and was so happy and relieved to see my bird come home.
Thanks again.

Nobody even dropped an RTFM? Nice, kinder, gentler haha.

Non of my fail safe settings were changed, over the period of any firmware updates, so far. And no irregular flight patterns to report. "Rock solid, steady as she goes Captain!".

I require several more intelligent batteries, to confirm findings through multiple flights and hover tests. ;-)

Those evasive "LiPo Propulsion Packets"

RedHotPoker

Non of my fail safe settings were changed, over the period of any firmware updates, so far. And no irregular flight patterns to report. "Rock solid, steady as she goes Captain!".

I require several more intelligent batteries, to confirm findings through multiple flights and hover tests. ;-)

Those evasive "LiPo Propulsion Packets"

RedHotPoker
I now have five ( that is 5) :D:D:D bout time

Hi Bob,
You have five batteries? That's Battery Hoarding at its finest!!

Well No wonder, I can't get any up here... ;-)

Enjoy.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
I have to reset the height of return on failsafe each time I fly.
I have a P3P with an iPad mini and the only setting that reset was maximum altitude which went back to 400ft. All other times my P3P holds all other settings from flight to flight and after all other updates.

Hi Bob,
You have five batteries? That's Battery Hoarding at its finest!!

Well No wonder, I can't get any up here... ;-)

Enjoy.

RedHotPoker
I am definitely hoarding them:D:D:D:D

Send me one up, and I will keep it charged for you... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.