Carbon Fiber Props on P4P

Reaction score
Need feedback on Pro's and Con's of using Carbon Fiber Props instead of stock DJ I Props? I have watched some YouTube video's on them providing better stability but they are louder than stock Props.

Reactions: THECaptainKirk
Often it is considered acceptable to trade off reliability for increased performance, there is no performance gain to be realised here however as the onboard flight controller will negate any performance benefit the CF prop may offer. The so called CF props are demonstrated to be less reliable than the OEM carbon impregnated DJI standard item. In this instance your choice is looks vs reliability. An easy decision for most.

Reactions: RémyHeli
I watched more video's on YouTube and I got my answer. I had initially put in a search on this sight but got no results. Bottom line is I'm sticking to what DJI engineering designed for the P4P. Thanks!

A
Need feedback on Pro's and Con's of using Carbon Fiber Props instead of stock DJ I Props? I have watched some YouTube video's on them providing better stability but they are louder than stock Props.

Any, ahem, claims are anecdotal.

No proof or science. Possibly just justification for the purchase.

Won't chastise you for not searching site but would suggest it.

No just retired and having lots of time to understand all the aspects of my P4P.

Sorry Db54.
In my haste overlooked your mention of prior search.
Stick with OEM essentials.

Enjoy retirement and your Phantom.

I bought two sets and exactly half of them were out of balance. I was able to balance them with small pieces of tape but I quit using them. I could see no advantage to them.
Jim
WA5TEF

I find sometimes when I try to re-engineer or change something the results are not always positive. The true lessions of life!

Reactions: impurenergy
Stick with stock props because if you crash into a building or tree, a oem prop will break more easily than a carbon fibre prop and something got to give, probably a motor!

I greatly favour the use of CF props over plastic. Below is a list of the pros and cons. Less vibrations give the operator great control over their unit.
Carbon Fibre Props or Plastic?

I would NOT follow this advice. As nearly EVERYONE ELSE has stated these drones are not made for CF props! CF props are designed for high performance things like 3d helicopters. You WANT the flex and give that plastic provides for smoother flights and more forgiving. It is a CAMERA drone after all....geez

Reactions: Geoelectro
I would NOT follow this advice. As nearly EVERYONE ELSE has stated these drones are not made for CF props! CF props are designed for high performance things like 3d helicopters. You WANT the flex and give that plastic provides for smoother flights and more forgiving. It is a CAMERA drone after all....geez

So why have DJI released Carbon Fiber props of their own? Are the hoping that you will crash your drone?

Again. I don’t use them after 50% we’re out of balance out of the box!
Jim
WA5TEF
Again ....this comes down to brand. I have had plastic props that were unbalanced out of the box. The CF DJI props that I use are always balanced straight out of the box....What brands have you used?

Stick with stock props because if you crash into a building or tree, a oem prop will break more easily than a carbon fibre prop and something got to give, probably a motor!

This is true although if the vegetation is not very dense the CF props have a great chance of cutting through them. So there are pros and cons to that argument.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing