Easy Repair of Cracked Landing Gear (skid) on P4P?

Reaction score
Is there an EASY repair for a cracked landing gear / landing skid on a P4 Pro?

Can I use an epoxy or glue?

What about using some small carbon fiber strips (running perpendicular to the crack) glued to the outside? (Would the CF strips interfere with the antenna reception / transmission???)

I searched and it seems like the landing gear / skid for the P4 Pro is not available here in the USA right now, and the DIY replacement videos look exceptionally complex. I would probably make it worse.

The photos show two angles of the same crack

20230507_104334.jpg20230507_104246.jpg

Sleeve the inside with plastic rod to hold flush and prevent snapping,
I got some brand new but one has bit cut off it,,project I had in mind while back,yip changing a mission for what they are,,,,if any use to you I could send them in couple days if you want,up 2 you
Screenshot_20230508-081259_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Just Mark
Sleeve the inside with plastic rod to hold flush and prevent snapping,
I got some brand new but one has bit cut off it,,project I had in mind while back,yip changing a mission for what they are,,,,if any use to you I could send them in couple days if you want,up 2 youView attachment 125089

thanks for the reply and for the offer.

I was hoping to do something EXTERNAL so that I don't have to remove the landing gear, as I will probably break one or more of the wires when I take it apart. But I might contact you for the plastic rod if I can't think of a better solution.

Thank you again.

There is a specialty tape often called hose repair tape (at hdwr stores) that will make a tight bond between the 2 sides of crack. It's quite flexible so forms to any shape. It doesn't have any glue and only sticks to itself when stretched tight. Available in couple different thicknesses, I find the thin to mid thickness best for this kind of project..allows more wraps. Any additional strips by crack, to add stiffness, would help, even cut popsicle sticks. Just remember to pull it tight for best bond. Comes in multiple colors too. I buy an assortment pack, come in handy around the house..and my P4Ps.
Have fun

Ps: carbon fiber fine, also you might want to fill the hole with hot glue before you wrap. The one for wood is the stiffest I believe.

Last edited:
There is a specialty tape often called hose repair tape (at hdwr stores) that will make a tight bond between the 2 sides of crack. It's quite flexible so forms to any shape. It doesn't have any glue and only sticks to itself when stretched tight. Available in couple different thicknesses, I find the thin to mid thickness best for this kind of project..allows more wraps. Any additional strips by crack, to add stiffness, would help, even cut popsicle sticks. Just remember to pull it tight for best bond. Comes in multiple colors too. I buy an assortment pack, come in handy around the house..and my P4Ps.
Have fun

Ps: carbon fiber fine, also you might want to fill the hole with hot glue before you wrap. The one for wood is the stiffest I believe.

Thanks so much for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Another question if I may, and this might be quite stupid of me to ask: Since I will be adding a (small amount of) weight to that one leg, should I also add weight to the OTHER legs so as to not throw off the balance of the drone?

I understand that in general one shouldn't be adding needless weight to their drone. However, I just want to make sure that an imbalance in weight won't cause any complications.

Thanks again.

No need, that small amount of weight makes no difference. Drone will adjust accordingly. These drones are built for carrying loads, some unbalanced.

Reactions: Just Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic