Drone Insurance is Real :)

Can you share ?
What do you want me to share?

I was getting a 2nd p4, threw the Dji care on it and after going through hell trying to get a second one that worked (first one was fine), I kept having to transfer the DJI Care. Finally and with some resistance because I was like "I want to start it over", the only method was to cancel it and then re-do it. Just never re-did it.

What do you want me to share?

I was getting a 2nd p4, threw the Dji care on it and after going through hell trying to get a second one that worked (first one was fine), I kept having to transfer the DJI Care. Finally and with some resistance because I was like "I want to start it over", the only method was to cancel it and then re-do it. Just never re-did it.
Just wanted to share how you got a refund that was all, thanks:)

Reactions: Tripc
State Farm insured mine with my very first drone, a P2V+. Well, I crashed it and filed a claim, which they approved. However, they canceled that policy and jacked up my home insurance rates. I would look into some other insurance if possible, maybe the approved vendor on here Neary?

State Farm insured mine with my very first drone, a P2V+. Well, I crashed it and filed a claim, which they approved. However, they canceled that policy and jacked up my home insurance rates. I would look into some other insurance if possible, maybe the approved vendor on here Neary?
Did they pay out on the claim though?
I don't have any other policy's with them to jack up :)

Did they pay out on the claim though?
I don't have any other policy's with them to jack up :)
Yes, they payed out. But the claim goes on your insurance record. Other insurance providers see that. I tried shopping around to see if I could get a better rate and they all found that claim and asked about it.

what does this insurance cover? damage resulting from device malfunction only? Or pilot error?

I just went in today and finalized everything.

$86 to insure the P4 + DSLR Camera & 2 Lenses + MacBook Air Laptop for 1 year against just about anything.

Took out a 500K life insurance policy while I was there also since I needed to get that done for the little kids I have.

They are looking at replacing my Car insurance also so it did get them some new business over and above covering the drone.

what does this insurance cover? damage resulting from device malfunction only? Or pilot error?

Basically anything. If you loose it or damage it to where it does not work they will replace it. That is what I was told by the agent face to face.

that is very tempting for that kind of peace of mind. I would fly a lot more confidently. Think they will do it even if I purchased mine used? Ebay invoice good enough?

that is very tempting for that kind of peace of mind. I would fly a lot more confidently. Think they will do it even if I purchased mine used? Ebay invoice good enough?

Doesn't matter where you bought it as long as you have a receipt for the purchase. Used shouldn't matter.

that is great. I will look into this next week for sure.

I just called local agent. This is a good insurance, in my opinion. I think $5 a month is a cheap peace of mind. If I could get some sort of liabilty in it, that would be great! :)

I just called local agent. This is a good insurance, in my opinion. I think $5 a month is a cheap peace of mind. If I could get some sort of liabilty in it, that would be great! :)
By the way, they have not confirmed me yet. They said they'll call back... :/

Odd. So I have State Farm on one of my P4s and I assumed I would get it on my second and I literally just got this email from my California based SF homeowners.

"My underwriter says we DO NOT insure Drones in California. We do not have a rating for them. They would be covered under your homeowner policy for liability and personal property which is subject to your deductible."

While that answers the question of liability, shoot!

Last edited:
Odd. So I have State Farm on one of my P4s and I assumed I would get it on my second and I literally just got this email from my California based SF homeowners.

"My underwriter says we DO NOT insure Drones in California. We do not have a rating for them. They would be covered under your homeowner policy for liability and personal property which is subject to your deductible."

While that answers the question of liability. Shoot!
"Liability covered through homeowners insurance"... I don't get it... I don't usually see flying houses out there. Maybe the guy in Up is probably the only one that ever needed...

"Liability covered through homeowners insurance"... I don't get it... I don't usually see flying houses out there. Maybe the guy in Up is probably the only one that ever needed...
While a funny quote, think of your UAS as an extension of your house. When you have a homeowners policy if someone slips and falls in your house, you are covered for liability on top of health or anything else for like a mill from the homeowners, it extends to any of your owned products.

While a funny quote, think of your UAS as an extension of your house. When you have a homeowners policy if someone slips and falls in your house, you are covered for liability on top of health or anything else for like a mill from the homeowners, it extends to any of your owned products.
This would make sense. Need to check with my homeowner insurance...
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj