Can't believe we haven't had another Firmware update yet...

I'm glad it happened now, instead of later.

I'm retired from law enforcement, but I still teach law enforcement classes for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for cops to keep up their certifications as licensed Peace Officers. I have a class scheduled for next week and was about to recommend the Phantom 3 as a low(er) cost alternative for cash-strapped police departments that want to use them for accident reconstruction and disaster recovery purposes.

Glad it happened now. I'd have felt like a real jerk if I'd recommended the P3 to a bunch of police departments, then they'd have written grants for tax dollars to purchase, and then they'd have been cheesed off at ME.
So you teach PC832 classes, I wasn't aware PO's had to take any mandatory civilian classes to maintain their certification.(other than IST classes, in-service training such as weapons qual, chemical, PR24, restraints, and such) Continuing education for advancement purposes (AJ classes for example) were required of me to promote, but not to maintain cert. What state are you in?

Hi I'm pretty new to the P3. (not new to quads) Had it about two weeks and absolutely love it. I've got about 12 flights - a little over two hours total time. I kept it at 1.1.9 (the way it arrived) and I have whatever the latest app version is. I am running an ipad Air (gen 1) with 8.4iOS. So far there hasn't been one glitch. Everything has worked perfect. No video lag (I did enable hardware decoder but it was working fine before that as well). Flies rock solid too. So far I couldn't be happier. Doesn't mean I won't crash it later today but so far I couldn't be more pleased. Just thought I would share a praise for the P3. I know a lot of people are having problems. I feel bad for you guys/gals!

Reactions: acherman
You too? Maybe us losers should start our own forum.
Why? Seems you all have it quite good right here on this forum. Not a day goes by that you all don't post negative comments and bash on DJI.

I think some (most) of the participants on this forum are related to DJI. Say anything bad, you get a case of the ***.
That's what you get for thinking. Most all of us are NOT related to DJI. We just get tired of you all's constant complaining. Plus the fact that you "agreed" to the Terms of Service here that any problems you might have with a seller/company should be taken care of OFF the forum and not rehashed here every single day. You've actually been given a LOT of leeway on it! Most of us have NO problem discussing real problems with the craft, and/or something the company might/could do to better it. It's the CONSTANT and INCESSANT complaining, bitching, non-productive posting and company bashing that gets you into trouble..

Why? Seems you all have it quite good right here on this forum. Not a day goes by that you all don't post negative comments and bash on DJI.

That's what you get for thinking. Most all of us are NOT related to DJI. We just get tired of you all's constant complaining. Plus the fact that you "agreed" to the Terms of Service here that any problems you might have with a seller/company should be taken care of OFF the forum and not rehashed here every single day. You've actually been given a LOT of leeway on it! Most of us have NO problem discussing real problems with the craft, and/or something the company might/could do to better it. It's the CONSTANT and INCESSANT complaining, bitching, non-productive posting and company bashing that gets you into trouble..
If no one complains then the issues people are having do not get fixed or other users are not made aware of potential issues.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Just read the threads that glorify DJI!

If no one complains then the issues people are having do not get fixed or other users are not made aware of potential issues.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Just read the threads that glorify DJI!
It went right over your head, didn't it?! I said pointing out issues is fine. Solutions are fine. The collective knowledge here is exceptional. It's the constant sniveling that is out of line.

my VPS doesnt work correctly.. its been 25 days like that and dji doesnt care...

it would have taken them 10 minutes to release 1.1.9 or 1.1.8 with a greater fw number so that whoever needed it could "downgrade"....if they couldnt find a fix then the least they could do was allowing people to downgrade

this issue was acknoledged by one of the dji employees in this forum... it wasnt enough

they couldnt care less about the customers...

Reactions: AbsPapa
my VPS doesnt work correctly.. its been 25 days like that and dji doesnt care...

it would have taken them 10 minutes to release 1.1.9 or 1.1.8 with a greater fw number so that whoever needed it could "downgrade"....if they couldnt find a fix then the least they could do was allowing people to downgrade

this issue was acknoledged by one of the dji employees in this forum... it wasnt enough

they couldnt care less about the customers...
I would have to agree with what you just said @ parralix. That would be common sense. They (DJI) have something wrong with their invention, no matter how slight some participents on this forum might think these problems are. When we buy from DJI, we are buying from a Chinese (foreign country) company that doesn't have to answer to the same rules as an American manufacturer does. They have not even admitted that there is or isn't something wrong. They are leaving these problems that arise to the people on the forums to solve.

Some of the participents on this forum suggested to just turn off the VPS if its not working. To me that doesn't seem to be a good solution. One of the selling features of the P3 is that it has a VPS. Its designed to control the craft when it gets close to the ground should you lose a GPS signal. Its also good for flying indoors like a gymnasium where you more than likely would not have a GPS signal. If you turn that feature off because its not working, doesn't make sense.

Reactions: omarkatwe
I'm on 1.1.9 firmware and 1.2.0 app. Running a nexus 6 on lollipop 5.1.1. No issues, no app crashes.

I want Litchi to work with with my P3A. :(. The auto record was worth the £8 I paid for it when I had the P2V+. Not to mention ground station
Is there anyway you can send me the 1.2.0 app with all 32 channels of video feeds? I can give you
My gmail drive login to upload the file!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 332
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 384
Is there anyway you can send me the 1.2.0 app with all 32 channels of video feeds? I can give you
I'll try. I think all I need to get the .apk is run a backup. Leave it with me. I'll do it in the next hour or two

? I'm not so sure mine has 32 channels. I only see 13 to 20 but I'm not connected to my P3. Is there a reason you need my apk and not the one from the play store?

? I'm not so sure mine has 32 channels. I only see 13 to 20 but I'm not connected to my P3. Is there a reason you need my apk and not the one from the play store?
I am doing this for a friend the original version maybe the first one had 1-32 Chl look at the pics I attached. Somewhere along the line they updated the pilot app and removed several channels which in turn caused a huge loss in distance and signal strength I seen someone who has two pilot apps on the iPad Air. One says beta but don't know if it's new beta or oollldddd beta like the first pilot app ever that has all 32 channels .i am looking for the oldest Dji pilot app possible just to test and see if he gets his distance back. Let me know which pilot app version you have and if it's in a file that will be able to be downloaded from another computer . I do not know if simply copying all files to a folder and sending to me will work or if I need some type of orginal installer type file.

If I download the app online anywhere it will be the newest version which i believe has the limited amount of channels which causes the signal strength I.e. Distance to be decreased

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 304
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 274
I'll take a look but I downloaded the pilot app 2 weeks ago from the google play store. I've been out to 1.2k and didn't push further but had no issues.

I'll take a look but I downloaded the pilot app 2 weeks ago from the google play store. I've been out to 1.2k and didn't push further but had no issues.
I do controller modifications rewire the un shielded wire with military aerospace shielded wire cables to sma connectors and screw on antennas. I have done 20,000' with no wifi boosters. My friend who updated his pilot app and lost channels now can only go like 2,000' and he used to go 10-20k feet there is a major difference between the old app with all the channels and the new one without it . He is desperately trying to roll back to the old version!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 272
It went right over your head, didn't it?! I said pointing out issues is fine. Solutions are fine. The collective knowledge here is exceptional. It's the constant sniveling that is out of line.
@ snerd. People get tired of you sniveling that you are tired of reading sniveling. If your tired, take a nap or try just passing on. You can't control what everybody chooses to write on this forum. That's what really disturbes you. You can't control the world. Go talk to a shrink. Stay calm, get over it. Try and be nice. Chill out. Take a Xanex. You just generally don't like anyone. This forum will go on with or without you. And change your profile picture. It's ugly.

@ snerd. People get tired of you sniveling that you are tired of reading sniveling. If your tired, take a nap or try just passing on. You can't control what everybody chooses to write on this forum. That's what really disturbes you. You can't control the world. Go talk to a shrink. Stay calm, get over it. Try and be nice. Chill out. Take a Xanex. You just generally don't like anyone. This forum will go on with or without you. And change your profile picture. It's ugly.
Lol!! Projection. Go look it up.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Your soo rit man, thats for covering it as well,
Moreover , infront of all those reports from the users and all those bad feedback its not easy on them to release it so fast, its about dignity to, heheh
i m wondering , if DJI team test the new FW or the new APP well before they released it, or they just released to show the world that they have confident :))) ,or balls ;)

Whatever , hope they will fix it soon as i am not fying my P3 any more , nothing safe on that new FW specialy the new IOS app,
So bad

Nothing unsafe about mine at 1.2.6 firmware. Turn off vps and flies just as good and safe as before. No app issues; mind you the android app is crap which is why I went ios. Stop being paranoid and enjoy your p3 till the new firmware comes out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4