Can't believe we haven't had another Firmware update yet...

Reaction score
Is it just me or are we WAY overdue for the next FW update? I am hoping the next one will have the ability to roll back a version, resolve the VPS issues, Lightbridge Distance problem and stability issues some have reported. and anything else I might have forgotten..

Is it just me or are we WAY overdue for the next FW update? I am hoping the next one will have the ability to roll back a version, resolve the VPS issues, Lightbridge Distance problem and stability issues some have reported. and anything else I might have forgotten..
Nah - I think that about covers it :rolleyes:

Nah - I think that about covers it :rolleyes:

Your soo rit man, thats for covering it as well,
Moreover , infront of all those reports from the users and all those bad feedback its not easy on them to release it so fast, its about dignity to, heheh
i m wondering , if DJI team test the new FW or the new APP well before they released it, or they just released to show the world that they have confident :))) ,or balls ;)

Whatever , hope they will fix it soon as i am not fying my P3 any more , nothing safe on that new FW specialy the new IOS app,
So bad

Reactions: skyhighdiver
baffled by this too. I thought they'd have a fix out by now, its been several weeks since the last busted firmware

Reactions: AbsPapa
I'm with you, bro.

and I take some cold comfort knowing now that I'm not the only one who spent $1,400.00 on a door stop. Be careful what you say around here though. I've been called stupid many times in this forum and then threatened with the ban hammer for complaining about DJI

I'm on 1.2.7 and iOS 1.2.0, 15 or so flights and I haven't experienced one anomaly. Everything has performed as expected.

Reactions: Julius717
I am on 1.2.6 firmware and 1.2.0 App and have been doing a lot of flying. No real issues. VPS is disabled. I get the occasional app crash and restart on my Nexus but other than that everything is solid and great video/photos and zero control issues. That being said I am looking forward to a new firmware update to fix VPS, etc.

I'm glad it happened now, instead of later.

I'm retired from law enforcement, but I still teach law enforcement classes for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for cops to keep up their certifications as licensed Peace Officers. I have a class scheduled for next week and was about to recommend the Phantom 3 as a low(er) cost alternative for cash-strapped police departments that want to use them for accident reconstruction and disaster recovery purposes.

Glad it happened now. I'd have felt like a real jerk if I'd recommended the P3 to a bunch of police departments, then they'd have written grants for tax dollars to purchase, and then they'd have been cheesed off at ME.

Reactions: AbsPapa
You think firmware and software is put out quickly by DJI? The P3 was supposed to have a ton of features 3 months ago that are still not released. They have been working on Ground Station for at least 5 months.

Which makes more sense at why they released the P3 way before it was ready to be released.

I hate this, I hate this, I HATE THIS, but I just got off the phone with my credit card company. They said that since my distributor won't respond to phone calls and emails, to go ahead and send mine back to the distributor WITHOUT RMA via UPS or Fed Ex (any transport with a verifiable tracking number) and as soon as the transporter showed it delivered, they would refund my purchase. Thanks to the good folks at Visa.

I absolutely HATE this, and I'd much rather keep my P3 and just RESTORE (firmware) it to it's former glory. My "princess" was turned into a toad.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
No Problems here, but am excited for New features to the APP.
( Maybe the five or six guy's with trouble has them scratching their heads on what MITE be wrong?)

I'm on 1.1.9 firmware and 1.2.0 app. Running a nexus 6 on lollipop 5.1.1. No issues, no app crashes.

I want Litchi to work with with my P3A. :(. The auto record was worth the £8 I paid for it when I had the P2V+. Not to mention ground station

Reactions: Coldfire
I'm glad it happened now, instead of later.

I'm retired from law enforcement, but I still teach law enforcement classes for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for cops to keep up their certifications as licensed Peace Officers. I have a class scheduled for next week and was about to recommend the Phantom 3 as a low(er) cost alternative for cash-strapped police departments that want to use them for accident reconstruction and disaster recovery purposes.

Glad it happened now. I'd have felt like a real jerk if I'd recommended the P3 to a bunch of police departments, then they'd have written grants for tax dollars to purchase, and then they'd have been cheesed off at ME.

Before I read this post of yours, I thought you were much younger given the tone of your posts.
I understand that you are frustrated that your bird has issues, but think about it this way: would you be frustrated if there was no bird at all? DJI has showed you the 'drug' and you are now obsessed. You want it. You cannot be without it. It's a love-hate relationship.

The capabilities of this bird, for this price, are amazing. I remember the flutter in my heart when I sent it up. Would it return? What if I lost control?
I remember how amazed I was when it came back. This is certainly not as reliable as a touch-tone phone, but it is way more exciting...

I must say that I got lucky. I did not have a high speed connection when the firmware update was released and by the time I was somewhere else, there were enough posts complaining. I remained on 1.1.8 and have not had any issues. Let's hope DJI creates a downgrade path to the software.

Current iOS app current firm ware 125 flights not a single hitch.

Reactions: denodan
Add stress cracks?

I'm with you, bro.

and I take some cold comfort knowing now that I'm not the only one who spent $1,400.00 on a door stop. Be careful what you say around here though. I've been called stupid many times in this forum and then threatened with the ban hammer for complaining about DJI
You too? Maybe us losers should start our own forum. I think some (most) of the participants on this forum are related to DJI. Say anything bad, you get a case of the ***.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl