HELP, Is DJI trying to keep us from repairing P4P v2 cams?

Reaction score
I've been repairing P4 cams ever since they came out and have never had this problem before. After replacing the yaw & roll motors, ( I swapped the drums), straightened the slightly bent yaw arm, still had a good ribbon cable, I wound up with no video, but a perfect gimbal. I tested the cam before making the repairs& the video was fine. This same issue happened to both the cams I was working on. I believe both to be v2 cams from what my customer said. I also noticed, (may not be important), both cams had a thin, black piece of tape, (from the factory), covering the 2 clips on the upper main board ribbon cable connectors. I've had one other cam with this tape. The strange thing about having no video, is that all the features in the App, work. Switching from video to stills, changing color, etc., unlike having a bad ribbon cable, where none of those functions work. After swapping out the video board in the cam module, I had video, but the gimbal was a mess. Pitch down, roll at 45 degrees & yaw hard left. I put all the original boards back in and went to the next step. I set factory defaults in the Assistant, attempted a FW update, but it failed, (probably a good thing), & even deleted my good 'ol DJIGO4 app & loaded the new one. What a mess that is. Now I know why the US Govt. shelved all their DJI drones. The new app asks for "permission" to monitor your location, have access to your photos & several other things. I finally had to agree to all this BS in order for the app to even work. Why the video would go out just by replacing the yaw & roll motors is a mystery to me; on 2 cams. Has anybody had similar issues with the v2 version??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
Hi Jim,
I had this happen on one gimbal. I changed the ribbon and of course that didn't help. I changed out the entire top section. no help. Finally I changed the Camera IMU board ( pitch board). It then worked. I can't remember if I had any more issues. I could have and just worked through them. I didn't think much about it until I read your post. I don't get too many v2 gimbals. I will start taking note of them

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl