Can someone please check this configuration?

I don't, I have 4 wireless routers, two in garage, two in the house.

For all you old timers.... Oerr..... I have two wifi routers at my house. I often get the interference warning when flying from my back yard. Would these routers cause that and even cause signal drop?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yep I do believe it can/will/does.
I always unplug mine for years now when flying from home.

For all you old timers.... Oerr..... I have two wifi routers at my house. I often get the interference warning when flying from my back yard. Would these routers cause that and even cause signal drop?

Mine doesn't when I'm in the backyard. What else you got back there.....metal sheds, vehicles, etc?

Nobody here realizes that Bluetooth shares frequency with wifi ?
Never really looked at what freq is bluetooth, but I never pay attention if its on or off, I usually have my cell phone in my shirt pocket with Cell, WiFi, Bluetooth on, some times off, and using a tablet that doesn't have Cell, and the Bluetooth may be on, may be off.

Rod

So here is what is kind of funny.
From this video,

In the pic is a horse barn, it has two back hoe tires full of dirt.
On the fence post nearest the tires is a IP camera, the upper part of the picture is were we were flying from. Seeing my house and my garage.
2016-08-04_14-53-31.png

The next picture shows the front of my garage with an antenna that is pointing toward the IP camera, So you might say I am blasting the WiFi signal through the trees.
This is a 24" antenna. I am sure @Ojcze Nasz probably knows what the gain is on this antenna with out looking it up. Yes it is running Vertical and not Horizontal.

This Antenna is hooked to a standard home router with 213 cable? Anyways it has the annoying N-Connector we used to use with C-Band satellites, with an adapter.

So on another note, I also have another Wireless router (I think a linksys, blue with two antennas) just above the Z on a rafter just inside, non insulated garage. So I have WiFi around the garage area.
2016-08-04_14-55-35.png

I do have all four routers using different channels.
And I usually fly and land where a landed in the video.
Only time I had an interference message, when I was flying in town around my store.

When I go to fly, I don't turn any thing off, well maybe one thing I finish off my beer.
:eek:

Added: I also have a Wireless Weather Station.
Davis | WeatherLink - My Weather Page
:)

Last edited:
To be clear, for this last attempt I was not connected to the phone. I connected before flying to check the maps, then turned off bluetooth on the ipad. I have never retrieved the flight logs, but I need to learn to do that. I know there are lots of posts on doing that do I will do a search.

Thanks!

If you are flying from home try what I do, I unplug my house router. It is located in my garage near where I fly from.
I would get issues with my old P2vision plus so when I saw that interference message on my p3p.
I thought about router immediately, unplugged router and message gone!

I figure that it being so proximate, and its radio outputing full power, the wifi base signal just overwhelms the nearby RC receiver temporarily.
worth trying anyhow!

good luck and have fun flying!
Your the closest neighbor l've seen on this forum yet! You know where Painesville is?

So here is what is kind of funny.
From this video,

In the pic is a horse barn, it has two back hoe tires full of dirt.
On the fence post nearest the tires is a IP camera, the upper part of the picture is were we were flying from. Seeing my house and my garage.
View attachment 61465

The next picture shows the front of my garage with an antenna that is pointing toward the IP camera, So you might say I am blasting the WiFi signal through the trees.
This is a 24" antenna. I am sure @Ojcze Nasz probably knows what the gain is on this antenna with out looking it up. Yes it is running Vertical and not Horizontal.

This Antenna is hooked to a standard home router with 213 cable? Anyways it has the annoying N-Connector we used to use with C-Band satellites, with an adapter.

So on another note, I also have another Wireless router (I think a linksys, blue with two antennas) just above the Z on a rafter just inside, non insulated garage. So I have WiFi around the garage area.
View attachment 61466
I do have all four routers using different channels.
And I usually fly and land where a landed in the video.
Only time I had an interference message, when I was flying in town around my store.

When I go to fly, I don't turn any thing off, well maybe one thing I finish off my beer.
:eek:

Added: I also have a Wireless Weather Station.
Davis | WeatherLink - My Weather Page
:)

nice place and setup.

difference for me is I am usually flying outside door in drive only 10 feet from a Ubiquity enterprise AC -LR pro set for full 22 db gain and range .
The antenna is not directional like the 24 you have , it broadcasts 360 with a lot of RF power.

Absolutely interferes with my rc when powered on and I fly nearby
its not just the wifi, its how close to the radio the rc is .

probably 25 routers within a 200m radius in neighbors homes with no issues ever...12 showing now on my wifi analyzer sitting in kitchen.

I could simply walk away farther but it easier to sit in my nice chair...lol and enjoy that mentioned beer.

also the OP has a standard that is definitely wifi, with all the interference that goes with it, vs a Lightbridge p3a,p3p,p4

Last edited:
nice place and setup.

difference for me is I am usually flying outside door in drive only 10 feet from a Ubiquity enterprise AC -LR pro set for full 22 db gain and range .
The antenna is not directional like the 24 you have , it broadcasts 360 with a lot of RF power.

Absolutely interferes with my rc when powered on and I fly nearby
its not just the wifi, its how close to the radio the rc is .

probably 25 routers within a 200m radius in neighbors homes with no issues ever...12 showing now on my wifi analyzer sitting in kitchen.

I could simply walk away farther but it easier to sit in my nice chair...lol and enjoy that mentioned beer.

also the OP has a standard that is definitely wifi, with all the interference that goes with it, vs a Lightbridge p3a,p3p,p4

Thanks, what are you using for a WiFi analyzer?

Yep, that's what is on my android.
Fing is a network analyzer (android and iCrapple), shows you what is active on your network, not really useful for Phantom usage, but you can see everything that is attached on your local network. Or if your in a public place, free WiFi areas, you can see how many users are on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl