Phantom Standard & iPad Mini 4 wifi

Reaction score
I have won an iPad Mini 4 wifi only model in work and have the following query

If I tether my iPhones 4G connection to the iPad via Bluetooth and then connect the controller to the iPad using wifi, will I get the GPS map data etc from the iPhone over the tethering?

I know about caching the maps beforehand using wifi but just thought this might work too.

Thanks.

I had to read your question 4 times to figure out what you were talking about. So what you are wanting to do if I understand this correctly is use the iPad for the controller and 4G for the Map Data. Correct? If Bluetooth tethering, will basically "screen mirror" the iPhone then I would think yes it should work.

If I tether my iPhones 4G connection to the iPad via Bluetooth and then connect the controller to the iPad using wifi, will I get the GPS map data etc from the iPhone over the tethering?
You will be able to see the maps in DJI GO, but you will not be able to use the GPS data from your iPhone. Without GPS, you will not be able to use the Follow Me flight mode or be able to reset the home point to your current location after taking off. If you're not using either of those features, then tethering to your iPhone should work out just fine.

Thought what I had written made perfect sense?

Never use follow me and dont intend to ever use it in the future so thats fine.

I never move from the home point so wont need to update on the fly so thats also fine.

Thought what I had written made perfect sense?

Never use follow me and dont intend to ever use it in the future so thats fine.

I never move from the home point so wont need to update on the fly so thats also fine.

If that is the case , you don't need to tether it at all. You don't need 'data' connection to fly the P3S. Just cache the local area maps and away you go.

:)

I cached a map on my wifi only iPad 4 less than 20mins ago and it worked fine. Caching another map as I type this.

I started that thread due to not being able to load maps on Go App only. The Go 4 App was fine. I also had no trouble with either App on an iPhone 6. It was only an iPad mini 4 and the regular Go App. Since then I have recalibrated everything on my P3S and maps are loading again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl