Camera showing disconnected after resetting cache and reinstalling app

Reaction score
Camera doesn't show up on the DJI GO app, I've tried multiple devices both android and iPhone, I've reinstalled the app, delete cache data, and erased all content and settings from my iPad mini.

Only after deleting the app was I able to get the motor running. And the RC Is now green and my drone is green however camera still shows as disconnected
Has anyone fixed this?

Camera doesn't show up on the DJI GO app, I've tried multiple devices both android and iPhone, I've reinstalled the app, delete cache data, and erased all content and settings from my iPad mini.

Only after deleting the app was I able to get the motor running. And the RC Is now green and my drone is green however camera still shows as disconnected
Has anyone fixed this?
Was the rc blinking red prior to you reinstalling the app? You could try recalibrating the rc.

Was the rc blinking red prior to you reinstalling the app? You could try recalibrating the rc.
It was blinking before, but after reinstalling the app and erasing the cache and the content on my iPad, is where I was able to get the drone to show light green. This is the area where the SD card and USB goes and my RC is green as well.

It was blinking before, but after reinstalling the app and erasing the cache and the content on my iPad, is where I was able to get the drone to show light green. This is the area where the SD card and USB goes and my RC is green as well.
Try start with SD card out and insert when on

Which version of the DJI app are you using...GO or GO 4? (Should be GO 4). If this is a new P4, have you managed to complete the registration process?
Have all the devices you've tried with been on the DJI recommended list? (iPad Mini needs to be Mini 2 or later).

Sorry for the basic questions ;)

Which version of the DJI app are you using...GO or GO 4? (Should be GO 4). If this is a new P4, have you managed to complete the registration process?
Have all the devices you've tried with been on the DJI recommended list? (iPad Mini needs to be Mini 2 or later).

Sorry for the basic questions ;)

No worries, in a beginner so there could be something foundational that I'm missing
I bought the drone from amazon
It was used because when I plugged in the SD card on my computer, there was media.
I'm using the 4 app, and an iPad mini, not the mini 2. So that could be my problem, however I've tried this on an iPhone 7 plus and it still did not work.
The registration process,
Would it be deleted if I rebooted my drone?
I do have an account with DJI on the website

Ipad mini is definitely a no go, but the iPhone 7 plus is recommended.

What was the media on the sd card ? Occasionally you get the odd photo on a new drone, where the camera has been tested in the factory, but if there's anything else, it's definitely been used. (You don't say whether Amazon sold it as new or used).

The registration process starts when you first connect and turn everything on...the app asks for the email and password that you have registered with DJI to set up your account, and asks you to give the drone a name. Until you do that, it won't let you start the motors. If you didn't get that, it's a fairly definite sign that the drone has already been registered by someone else. You can check if the drone has already been named by going into General Settings in the app when everything is connected (tap the three dots at top right of the main screen), and scroll down to the bottom....you should see 'Device Name", and tap on that. Also, the last item is "About", and if you tap on that it will tell you the versions of everything installed.

If it has already been registered and named, and if Amazon sold it as new, I would think you have a good case to ask for a replacement.

None of the above answers your original enquiry, but I'm left wondering whether someone else had the same problem, and returned it to Amazon. The only other suggestion I have, is that maybe you could contact the DJI helpline to see if they can sort it for you.

What was the media on the sd card ? Occasionally you get the odd photo on a new drone, where the camera has been tested in the factory, but if there's anything else, it's definitely been used. (You don't say whether Amazon sold it as new or used).

The registration process starts when you first connect and turn everything on...the app asks for the email and password that you have registered with DJI to set up your account, and asks you to give the drone a name. Until you do that, it won't let you start the motors. If you didn't get that, it's a fairly definite sign that the drone has already been registered by someone else. You can check if the drone has already been named by going into General Settings in the app when everything is connected (tap the three dots at top right of the main screen), and scroll down to the bottom....you should see 'Device Name", and tap on that. Also, the last item is "About", and if you tap on that it will tell you the versions of everything installed.

If it has already been registered and named, and if Amazon sold it as new, I would think you have a good case to ask for a replacement.

None of the above answers your original enquiry, but I'm left wondering whether someone else had the same problem, and returned it to Amazon. The only other suggestion I have, is that maybe you could contact the DJI helpline to see if they can sort it for you.
The drone was bought used
And I'm currently on the app and I cannot find any name for the device
It also doesn't have a serial number

All I see is app version 4.0.8
And the app database is is version 00.00.01.04
Under flight controller serial number number it says N/A
when I press check for update it loads nothing
I'm using an iPhone 7 plus connected to a USB from the RC

The information you are showing in the "About" section is what you would expect to see if you open the app with nothing connected. When the RC and P4 are connected and switched on, it should show the firmware versions installed in both of them, and also give a serial number for the flight controller.

Try using a different cable to connect your phone to the RC and see if that works....if it doesn't, it means that the USB port on the RC is faulty.

Edit. Looking at you original post I see that you have tried different devices, including Android, so it's unlikely to be a cable problem. Do you know anybody who also has a P4 (or P3A/P) ? If you do, you could try linking their RC to your P4 as a check.

Last edited:
The information you are showing in the "About" section is what you would expect to see if you open the app with nothing connected. When the RC and P4 are connected and switched on, it should show the firmware versions installed in both of them, and also give a serial number for the flight controller.

Try using a different cable to connect your phone to the RC and see if that works....if it doesn't, it means that the USB port on the RC is faulty.

Edit. Looking at you original post I see that you have tried different devices, including Android, so it's unlikely to be a cable problem. Do you know anybody who also has a P4 (or P3A/P) ? If you do, you could try linking their RC to your P4 as a check.

I've used both the adapters and no information is shown under about
It very well could be the cable
I don't think it's an Apple cable but something else like eBay
I don't know anyone else with a drone but I had someone say that sometimes the satellite won't catch it if it's inside the house. Is this true? Would it have anything to do with the camera?
Also I've had the motor start before on the iPhone 7 plus
Kinda caught me off guard

First thing to try is a proper Apple cable....the charging cable from the 7 should be good.
Having satellites connected makes no difference as far as the camera is concerned.

The fact that you've been able to start the motors shows that the RC is connecting to the P4 ok....the problem is that the RC isn't connecting to your tablet.

First thing to try is a proper Apple cable....the charging cable from the 7 should be good.
Having satellites connected makes no difference as far as the camera is concerned.

The fact that you've been able to start the motors shows that the RC is connecting to the P4 ok....the problem is that the RC isn't connecting to your tablet.
Just found my iPhone case with the original cable inside so I'm going to use that when I get home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers