Camera Lens Loose After Repair

Reaction score
I got my drone back about 2 weeks ago after a long long long repair process. I also brought a ND filter to be ready when the drone arrived back.

When I got the drone I flew it a few times with the normal lens and everything was good and normal. I went to change the lens to the ND filter and as I unscrewed it and took the lens cap off the glass inside literally fell out.

I did it very carefully, didn't put any pressure on the lens and held the gimble so I didn't break anything. Anyone else have this problem?

Did you find a black O ring? There should be one to retain the glass in the filter ring. That is how the UV filters are made- personally I like being able to remove the glass element, it is easier to clean it that way.

It's not camera lens, it's UV filter as said above.

Sorry I don't know if I explained well enough. So if you buy an ND filter you have to take the original cap off correct to swap them.

It's tht original cap where the glass fell out. And now when I put it back in as and fully screw it down the glass still moves against the camera. This isn't normal correct?

Yes.... the thing you call a "cap" is the UV filter, you remove it to put an ND filter on.

The glass element in the UV filter should be retained by an O ring. If it's flopping around you probably will need to check the carpet where you took it off the first time.

Yes.... the thing you call a "cap" is the UV filter, you remove it to put an ND filter on.

The glass element in the UV filter should be retained by an O ring. If it's flopping around you probably will need to check the carpet where you took it off the first time.

I had a look and can’t find it anywhere. My ND filter didn’t come with one if that’s normal? I have attached a photo, they both look identical except the ND filter glass doesn’t come out and the clear one does.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 358
I had the glass filter come loose an fall out on mine also. I called customer service and they replaced it with a new cap and glass although it took 7-8 weeks to get it. Mine didn't have an o-ring either.

Reactions: taylorallbut
I had the glass filter come loose an fall out on mine also. I called customer service and they replaced it with a new cap and glass although it took 7-8 weeks to get it. Mine didn't have an o-ring either.

I emailed DJI today about the problem, they told me the drone had to be returned to the repair service centre. I went ballistic on them and basically told them to shove their drone where the sun doesn’t shine. And pretended I needed the drone for “work” and would lose money.

They told me to send an email to support to get a free UV filter sent to me.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl