camera issue

Graphic card it is then - will more RAM help? Looks like I will need a 4k tv soon...
Maybe I should have opted for the P3 advanced
!st world problems. eh?

More RAM always helps, but for this the video card (and the video card RAM) is the most important.

A 4k TV or monitor is not a requirement. The video looks amazing even on my 2.5 year old laptop with a 1080p screen. If you want to see all the detail, just zoom in. [that said, the video looks absolutely stunning on my cheap, $600, Seiki 50" 4K]

I have filmed some scenes knowing in advance I was just going to clip a 1080p window from the center of the video to make it look like I was closer than I actually was.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattyDread
What is your video card? Even the onboard GPU built into the i7 should play 4K just fine unless you have a tons of other applications up and running.

Hit CTRL-LEFTSHIFT-ESC to bring up task manager and check your available memory and processor utilization. The usual culprit for slow video playback for me is chrome running (which has horrendous memory leaks with some websites (Google+, youtube, gmail - seriously?)) shutting down or restarting chrome cleans it right up.
sli 970gtx gigabyte g1
and available enough memory and procesor
no mater if i editing in adobe premiere pro cc hm

sli 970gtx gigabyte g1
and available enough memory and procesor
no mater if i editing in adobe premiere pro cc hm

That's a hardcore gaming rig, I've got no idea what the issue is. Can it do just pure video playback ok?

Thinking Windows video player or VLC. I've got a similar system but with a single R9-290X and I get butter smooth playback in windows video player. Playback does stutter in the editor (Sony Catalyst at the moment), but I think that is because it is also trying to apply a bunch of color correction, etc.

I've also got video playback issues with my brand new P3P, flown it 5 times so far this week. My situation is different, the video plays great, super smooth, no jerkiness. Then all of a sudden the Windows media Player says it has encountered a problem and shuts down. I have to reboot the player at that point to see the rest of the video. When it gets to the SAME spot in the video, it locks up again. I have to jump past the known lockup spot to continue with the rest of the video. There are typically 4 or 5 spots in a 14min video that lock up like that. I'm recording in 1080P 60FPS, MP4, using the 16GB SD card that came with the P3P. My laptop is a 2.5Ghz i5-5300, 8GB, 250GB SSD Win7. This laptop rips, and it has always played my Q500+ MP4 videos and never locked up once. I just bought another SD card (Sandisk 32GB Class10) to see if that helps. Has anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:
I've also got video playback issues with my brand new P3P, flown it 5 times so far this week. My situation is different, the video plays great, super smooth, no jerkiness. Then all of a sudden the Windows media Player says it has encountered a problem and shuts down. I have to reboot the player at that point to see the rest of the video. When it gets to the SAME spot in the video, it locks up again. I have to jump past the known lockup spot to continue with the rest of the video. There are typically 4 or 5 spots in a 14min video that lock up like that. I'm recording in 1080P 60FPS, MP4, using the 16GB SD card that came with the P3P. My laptop is a 2.5Ghz i5-5300, 8GB, 250GB SSD Win7. This laptop rips, and it has always played my Q500+ MP4 videos and never locked up once. I just bought another SD card (Sandisk 32GB 10spd) to see if that helps. Has anyone else had this issue?
Try the free VLC video player-- I have less issues with that -- I too have had several issues with Windows media player. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Reactions: Mako79
Hi
i Try VLC player, windows media, qucktime player, MPC-HC and worst is VLC :(
I test now with nd filter and 2x shooter fps and is better but not enough....why not be running like GOPRO!
anyone have grains (they are but not often in grass, forest when rapid moving)

Try the free VLC video player-- I have less issues with that -- I too have had several issues with Windows media player. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Thanks for the suggestion. I just downloaded VLC and it doesn't lockup. However the video is very jerky now, not nearly as smooth as Windows Media Player. Interesting though, in the EXACT spots where the video locks up with WMP, there is a white flash when viewing with VLC. Whatever that white flash is seems to be locking up WMP. It appears something is being corrupted during the P3P recording process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20