Camera connected but "No internet connection"

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm currently overseas and connected my new iphone 7+ to the phantom 3 standard (as I wanted a bigger screen). We've calibrated the drone and I am able to connect to the camera and all settings, but under the iphone Wifi settings page, it still states "No internet connection" under the phantom. I'm currently in the hotel room just playing around with the settings, will only be taking this out to fly the day after tomorrow, question is will not having an internet connection cause any issues when flying? It's currently in "Atti mode" which is probably due to being indoors.

On another note, I connected the standard back to my iphone6 which was the device I first connected to out of the box, and it seemed to connect fine without the "no internet connection" status. Any advice? Thanks so much in advance!

When connected to your drone using the Phantom_XXXXX Wifi, your iPhone may show no internet connection.

This is because there is no access to the Internet (The World Wide Web); the controller wifi only provides a video/data link.

Even if your phone lost connection to the controller wifi for any reason or if the phone was turned off, the drone would still remain in flight as usual and you would still be able to control the drone with the controller alone.

Hope this helped!

Chris P

Hello all! I'm currently overseas and connected my new iphone 7+ to the phantom 3 standard (as I wanted a bigger screen). We've calibrated the drone and I am able to connect to the camera and all settings, but under the iphone Wifi settings page, it still states "No internet connection" under the phantom. I'm currently in the hotel room just playing around with the settings, will only be taking this out to fly the day after tomorrow, question is will not having an internet connection cause any issues when flying? It's currently in "Atti mode" which is probably due to being indoors.

On another note, I connected the standard back to my iphone6 which was the device I first connected to out of the box, and it seemed to connect fine without the "no internet connection" status. Any advice? Thanks so much in advance!

Chris is on the money with the set up for the standard. I usually fly my standard using a iPhone 6+ in aeroplane mode as I don't want phone calls and messages popping up.The only time I use the cellular mode is when I move into advanced settings and that is rare. If you select the phantom wifi option and you have a picture etc in the app, you are pretty well ready to go. Go outside and wait for the satellite connection, do the usual checks and unleash the drone...........

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic