Bypass new GeoFencing.

May the Lord bless you my Son. :) I could not find where to turn it off, but I was out in the sun and couldn't half see my phone. I will find it before daybreak. Thanks a gazillion. I got the impression today that it was not opional, but something was wrong.

Thanks Again.
It's on the main settings screen, as I recall. Unfortunately, you cannot turn it off in flight. You have to first land the aircraft. GEO is so buggy and loaded with false data that it is unusable in most areas. Every time it comes up with a warning, it gives you the opportunity to report it as an error. That alone should tell you something right there! Turn GEO off, and let some other guinea pig debug it for DJI! :eek:

Reactions: cstout
I have no idea how this works.
I I'm thinking about buying the company, just in case it works.
Da Kingfish
NFZ mod LINK

nfz-p4-placement.jpg
This is an old thread, but be very careful when using this board. It bypasses the NFZ restrictions by altering the GPS coordinates being sent to the drone. The drone thinks it's flying somewhere else when you enable the board.

This is an old thread, but be very careful when using this board. It bypasses the NFZ restrictions by altering the GPS coordinates being sent to the drone. The drone thinks it's flying somewhere else when you enable the board.
Actually, if it works as represented, it creates an offset to the GPS coordinates. RTH still works perfectly, and the drone knows its relative position to your recorded home point at all times! That's all you need! :cool:

• Don’t use Dynamic Home Point
    When NFZ mode is activated Dynamic Home Point uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never use Dynamic home point with NFZ activated. By default drone will set initial drone coordinates as a home point. It will work fine.
  • Don’t set position remote control position as your home point
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never set position of remote control as a home point. By default drone will set initial drone coordinates as a home point. It will work fine.
  • Don’t use Follow me
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never Activate Follow Me mode because it will mix up real and false coordinates.
  • Don’t fly by pointing coordinates on map
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position and map use real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never fly by pointing coordinates on map.

Actually, if it works as represented, it creates an offset to the GPS coordinates. RTH still works perfectly, and the drone knows its relative position to your recorded home point at all times! That's all you need! :cool:

• Don’t use Dynamic Home Point
    When NFZ mode is activated Dynamic Home Point uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never use Dynamic home point with NFZ activated. By default drone will set initial drone coordinates as a home point. It will work fine.
  • Don’t set position remote control position as your home point
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never set position of remote control as a home point. By default drone will set initial drone coordinates as a home point. It will work fine.
  • Don’t use Follow me
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never Activate Follow Me mode because it will mix up real and false coordinates.
  • Don’t fly by pointing coordinates on map
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position and map use real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never fly by pointing coordinates on map.
It would also make make flying Litchi missions useless.

It's on the main settings screen, as I recall. Unfortunately, you cannot turn it off in flight. You have to first land the aircraft. GEO is so buggy and loaded with false data that it is unusable in most areas. Every time it comes up with a warning, it gives you the opportunity to report it as an error. That alone should tell you something right there! Turn GEO off, and let some other guinea pig debug it for DJI! :eek:
Yeah, thanks again. I trotted out there and fixed it in the dark. Everything was still in the trunk.:confused:

I actually went and logged in to DJI from home and looked at their goefencing maps and there was nothing within 15 miles of where these two Fake "Authorization Zones" were, so their GEO is just buggy or from my point of view, broken. A bug is a little misfire once in a while. Broken is the car bursts into flame when you turn the key.

And thanks again Gadget.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I actually went and logged in to DJI from home and looked at their goefencing maps and there was nothing within 15 miles of where these two Fake "Authorization Zones" were, so their GEO is just buggy or from my point of view, broken. A bug is a little misfire once in a while. Broken is the car bursts into flame when you turn the key.

And thanks again Gadget.

this seems to be the case on several instances. Which points to a bug somewhere in the geofencing system.

DJI won't admit that and those who has suffered damages as a result of such malfunction are left on their own.

We do not want MANDATORY updates that remove capabilities! How many products do you know that FORCE you to do an update which REMOVES CAPABILITIES from your purchase? Can you name any other item you purchase which makes you do so? What if you bought a car and they required a MANDATORY update before you could drive? What if they took away capabilities like how fast you could drive or better yet made it so you could not drive in your city? That is exactly what DJI is doing. Add on top of that, The Faulty plastic which makes these $1000 items DISPOSABLE!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check this link out pretty crazy using a DJI drone to drop bombs in Syria

Hmmm

You can already buy the device commercially from Amazon, made by a company in S. Korea, for $249 with a full 1 km range!
Amazon.com: FLiFLi AirDrop Release and Drop Device for DJI Phantom 4 Series (FAD-1000ST): Camera & Photo
Just attach your favorite bomb on a ring to the release clip, and let her rip.:eek:
Proof of concept, using raw eggs, found here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Just don't try this at home, kids!
Save it for your next vacation in Syria! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: billyz0428
We do not want MANDATORY updates that remove capabilities! How many products do you know that FORCE you to do an update which REMOVES CAPABILITIES from your purchase? Can you name any other item you purchase which makes you do so? What if you bought a car and they required a MANDATORY update before you could drive? What if they took away capabilities like how fast you could drive or better yet made it so you could not drive in your city? That is exactly what DJI is doing. Add on top of that, The Faulty plastic which makes these $1000 items DISPOSABLE!!

Wow - you used a crap car analogy but, just to keep you happy let's run with it...

How about they let you buy a car that you and not let you drive until you had a licence. What if they made you go to something like a school to learn the rules of the road and how to operate the machinery and then....... before you could drive it they made you pay for insurance? Nobody would fall for that would they?

We're getting more and more legislation because a minority of drone owners decided that none of the regulations put in place applied to them and because they had bought a drone they could do just what they liked when they liked - it was never going to be allowed to continue and sadly, we are all going to end up paying the price for the irresponsible few.

Much the same as on the road (to go back to your analogy) if everyone had driven sensibly from day one there would be no need for speed limits, if nobody had ever thought that driving home after a night drinking was a great idea then there would be no need for drink drive laws etc.

Laws are generally introduced as a reaction to people behaving in a manner that the rest of find unacceptable.

Wow - you used a crap car analogy but, just to keep you happy let's run with it...

How about they let you buy a car that you and not let you drive until you had a licence. What if they made you go to something like a school to learn the rules of the road and how to operate the machinery and then....... before you could drive it they made you pay for insurance? Nobody would fall for that would they?

We're getting more and more legislation because a minority of drone owners decided that none of the regulations put in place applied to them and because they had bought a drone they could do just what they liked when they liked - it was never going to be allowed to continue and sadly, we are all going to end up paying the price for the irresponsible few.

Much the same as on the road (to go back to your analogy) if everyone had driven sensibly from day one there would be no need for speed limits, if nobody had ever thought that driving home after a night drinking was a great idea then there would be no need for drink drive laws etc.

Laws are generally introduced as a reaction to people behaving in a manner that the rest of find unacceptable.
Yet, if you outlaw drones, only outlaws will be flying them! How does that solve the problem? Has drinking and driving stopped? Has speeding been stopped? The latter has just turned into a money grab! You can't legislate stupidity. The stupid won't read your law, nor understand it, and generally don't realize that their actions have consequences. Has punishment ever stopped crime? Criminals don't care about the consequences, because they don't "plan" on getting caught. Has the death penalty ever prevented crime? It is simply used as leverage to induce a plea, after the crime has been committed. :cool:

once you outlaw something it's a whole lot easier to enforce the law - the majority of people will abide by the rules (again back to speeding/drink driving) meaning the idiots are easier to spot.

once you outlaw something it's a whole lot easier to enforce the law - the majority of people will abide by the rules (again back to speeding/drink driving) meaning the idiots are easier to spot.
It turns everyone into criminals. Remember Prohibition? Everyone is still texting and driving! Wish we could lock them all up, but we have no more room at the Inn! Texting and driving is just as dangerous as drinking and driving, and far more prevalent! :eek: Legislation is not the solution, because the problem people will not follow the law, and the innocent violators just need education, not jail time!

Not everyone is texting and driving - if you think they are you are delusional - just because you still do it, doesn't mean everyone does :)

Sadly, the education stage has failed, people that tried on groups like this got shouted down as 'the drone police' etc.

I've been flying model planes/helis/drones since the early 1990's. We all managed to get along quite well with the aviation authorities and the laws we were governed by were in many cases defined by the people that were flying - both sides accepted that further legislation wasn't required because those flying were doing so responsibly.

In the last 12 months that has changed, not through a lack of education because it's never been easier to find out what's expected of new flyers, but through a complete and utter disregard for any regulations or consideration for other people.

Legislation is being put in place because the idiots that thought the rules didn't apply to them refused to play nicely so please let's not describe them as 'innocent violators' because that is utter crap

Not everyone is texting and driving - if you think they are you are delusional - just because you still do it, doesn't mean everyone does :)

Sadly, the education stage has failed, people that tried on groups like this got shouted down as 'the drone police' etc.

I've been flying model planes/helis/drones since the early 1990's. We all managed to get along quite well with the aviation authorities and the laws we were governed by were in many cases defined by the people that were flying - both sides accepted that further legislation wasn't required because those flying were doing so responsibly.

In the last 12 months that has changed, not through a lack of education because it's never been easier to find out what's expected of new flyers, but through a complete and utter disregard for any regulations or consideration for other people.

Legislation is being put in place because the idiots that thought the rules didn't apply to them refused to play nicely so please let's not describe them as 'innocent violators' because that is utter crap
Apparently, you don't drive in grid locked traffic. Everyone is looking at their cell phone! The regulations will accomplish nothing, other than make the legislators feel good that they have done "something." If the violaters are not innocent, then they already have no regard for the rules, or law, and will continue unabated. Next time you really need a cop, do you really want to hear, "We'll be there as soon as we are done citing a drone pilot, for flying without his FAA number on his drone!"? :rolleyes:

Yeah alright because that's how it works isn't it? It's the same crappy 'why don't you go and arrest a real criminal instead of me for speeding/texting/phoning' that we hear every day.

People only want the law enforcing when they are the victim of what they perceive to be a crime.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic