Braking...Return to Midpoint???

Reaction score
First flight after aircraft firmware update and I'm getting a continual annoying warning I've never seen before -- "Braking -- Return sticks to midpoint to continue" or something like that. I'm flying at modest inputs, light breeze, in a wilderness setting -- nothing extreme about it.

And, I'm at altitude, open country, no obstacles wthin hundreds of meters! Release sticks and I can continue, but it's so annoying.

Any clues about what's going on here?

Last edited:
Never saw that before. Have seen a similar error where it thought the stucks were not centered. Solution was to do a calibration.

That message means the front sensors are detecting an obstacle (probably the sun). It's more commonly seen when flying a Mavic. If it happens again, you can disable obstacle avoidance mid-flight.

Reactions: Solly747400
That message means the front sensors are detecting an obstacle (probably the sun). It's more commonly seen when flying a Mavic. If it happens again, you can disable obstacle avoidance mid-flight.

Yes, I was flying toward the sun at the time -- but I've done that a bunch prior to this firmware update without ever seeing this warning. Is this a DJI screwup on the latest firmware?

Not sure. You could downgrade the firmware to test out that theory.

I've had that message numerous times and yes it appears to be when heading towards the Sun. It would be nice if DJI could apply some smarts to this and be able to know if it's the Sun or not.

Brian

Reactions: furthertofly
First flight after aircraft firmware update and I'm getting a continual annoying warning I've never seen before -- "Braking -- Return sticks to midpoint to continue" or something like that. I'm flying at modest inputs, light breeze, in a wilderness setting -- nothing extreme about it.

And, I'm at altitude, open country, no obstacles wthin hundreds of meters! Release sticks and I can continue, but it's so annoying.

Any clues about what's going on here?
I've has this happen on a few occasions, flying in the morning, thought it was something to do with the wind, I have not updated the firmware yet still on 1.4 and I'm in Europe if it makes any difference.

To be honest, I cannot remember.
Had it happen today as well, flying indoors and just after updating to 1.5.3, I was trying out the new Pano feature and I got the message, I had just taken off and hovering at 1.2m not touching the controls after that except to initiate the drone to take a spherical panorama, I got the message "braking, return controls to centre" the drone kept rising without me touching the controls and I could not regain control using the R/C at all I was able to reach up and grab the drone by the skid just before it hit the oak beam in my ceiling, I could not get the drone to come back under control using the joysticks and ended up in me having a wrestling match until I could tip the drone over to more than 90 degrees then the motors cut out and I was able to set it down.

Tried it again in my sun lounge and this time the drone kept descending but it finished the pano before it touched the floor. While in Pano mode I have no control at all over the drone until it has finished doing the full routine, it accepts no more inputs from either Go 4 or from the R/C I can't see any way of cancelling the routine if you need to re-take control.

Edit:
P4P, Go 4.1.22, R/C firmware 1.04.01.00 A/C firmware 1.5.300

I think I have to update the R/C too to 1.04.22 and try again.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl