Return to home works fine despite operator error

Uploaded your flight log to Healthy Drones....HD is not perfect, but good enough for general info.
It indicates a couple things. You had very poor data signal almost the entire flight. About half way thru your flight, you lost data signal for over a minute and it initiated RTH. It appears the signal returned and you continued flying. At about 15 minutes in, it indicates critical low power and initiated auto land.

In addition, HD indicates your altitude at 1,606' and distance to home point of 1,800'+.

Meta4 is spot on. The Phantom preformed perfectly. It appears it calculated it needed to land based on the altitude and remaining battery level. It took over 2 1/2 minutes to descend 1,500'

Good to know that it was flying as it should. I appreciate you taking a look. I think what through me off on my judgement of when to come home was the altitude. Normally when I fly at a couple hundred feet, 30% battery is when I start to come home.

Good to know that it was flying as it should. I appreciate you taking a look. I think what through me off on my judgement of when to come home was the altitude. Normally when I fly at a couple hundred feet, 30% battery is when I start to come home.
I think that's a good idea on normal flights, would consider starting home sooner if you're going to fly at that altitude.

I assume this was some sort of altitude test and you are aware of the FAA's 400' rule for UAV's?
I'm not condemning, or condoning.

Yeah, with registration now, you don't want to be posting that you were flying around up at 1600 feet.

I don't understand the height limit in regards to ground level and highest points.

I'm at the bottom of a 1000' cliff and go up to 400', that's okay. But if I'm on top of the cliff and go 400' then fly away from the cliff I'm not 1400' I've always assumed it's the 400' of the tallest terrain in the flight area?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl