After being cleared, flight restrictions return with power up (battery change) [Fixed with 3.1.15?]

@Roamer,

Thanks for the reply and link. Think I am going to send it in to DJI in California. Free s/h guaranteed to and from and no charge to set it right by them. The mucking about with files seems to me akin to using unauthorized batteries for instance and as someone using this as an income generator, having it up to par is essential.

Working on both a mac machine as well as a windows machine, it is now regarded common place that one not upgrade on the heels of an OS release since the release is not ready for release. Rather it is being released into the public domain to do a mass testing of whether it is ready for release or not and where the ineptitude lay.

For me, as if I really needed one, is confirmed for anything that has an 'upgrade' feature, to wait and keep the ear to the ground. Though this is no guarantee either with the failsafe being, do not upgrade. Summoning the old adage: If it is not broken...

It is still a conundrum how, following the upgrade, this unit flew with all of my batteries flawlessly for almost two weeks on a multitude of missions. When out of the blue it started with the limitation of altitude/ distance. This while not changing anything, including logging out, etc. That to me, would seem to more than indicate a serious issue of instability, somewhere hard wired in. And that is not comforting.

I realize by DJI's own admission, that those with the intention of using this in a professional arena should be using an Inspire or one of their heavy lifters with a dedicated professional camera and I agree. However you would be hard pressed to operate as nimbly as a Mavic or Phantom especially within tripod mode. But, I digress.

Brian | DVP

Is everybody having these problems with restrictions after battery change on Go App3.14?. I'm still on IOS Go App 3.13, firmware 11.0020 and Rc 1.92. Flew five batteries the other night and had not one issue.

Is everybody having these problems with restrictions after battery change on Go App3.14?. I'm still on IOS Go App 3.13, firmware 11.0020 and Rc 1.92. Flew five batteries the other night and had not one issue.
Not everyone, but we see still see new threads and posts about it every day. Here's another one from a couple of hours ago:
Maximum flight distance reached

Many posts about it are buried inside of the countless threads about the new FW and the initial removal of restrictions.

Reactions: JoBe
Just ran into this yesterday. Flew fine with my two older batteries. Threw in a brand new DJI battery that I bought recently but never used and got a maximum height reached warning.

Went inside, updated the battery, went back out and all was well.

This might not be the cause of issue others are having, but make sure all your batteries are updated as a precaution.

Just ran into this yesterday. Flew fine with my two older batteries. Threw in a brand new DJI battery that I bought recently but never used and got a maximum height reached warning.

Went inside, updated the battery, went back out and all was well.

This might not be the cause of issue others are having, but make sure all your batteries are updated as a precaution.
Thanks for the info.

I just had this occur yesterday for the first time running all latest FW been using these perfectly ok - and Go App3.14 - I had a flight on my P3A with lipo1 when done turned the drone off and tx off then I swapped to lipo 2 turned back on as usual - 30/50m distance restrictions happened - so I turned all off - this time I shut the app down (using the ios vers - not tried with the android vers) - restarted all - on lipo2 flies just fine now - does the app have a bug?

Last edited:
Based on several posts here (including from @Kibroggg) and in other forums, some people who experience the issue of returning flight restrictions have been able to work around it by completely closing out of the app and then restarting the app once the P3 is powered up again. This would need to be done each time as part of their battery change over process.

It appears that we've confirmed it is likely not the batteries themselves per se which did always seem strange and unlikely to me. At least not OEM batteries anyway. It may simply be caused by powering down and up again during the battery change with the app still open, and then something not aligning with the connection to the app once the P3 powers up again.

A complete app close out and restart seems in some reported cases to correct this and allow full distance flight once again. Not doing so has resulted for some in the flight restrictions returning.

** Note: I just want to repeat that we are talking about the 30m/50m flight restrictions sometimes returning even after the user had already updated and had already done the "one time" log out / log in to register the app.
So then does this fix the problem? This thread is already getting old but I still see new threads. This one seems like the first thread to notice a big problem so are the other threads something different? Is dji fixing this? Maybe that new app released today fixes this but it says only change is for osmo.

So then does this fix the problem?
It does seem to remove the restrictions again once they return after a power down. That doesn't mean it is fixed. Fixed to me means no work around is required.

This one seems like the first thread to notice a big problem
Yes, it was perhaps the first to highlight that this looked like a large and mushrooming issue impacting many, but I don't know for sure. It doesn't matter though. As I said, I haven't updated mine in a very long time and I don't intend to update it. My goal was only to get the word out to as many people as possible as quickly as possible.

so are the other threads something different?
There are an enormous amount of "restrictions" threads right now, mostly because people haven't read the release notes and they don't use the search function well. It's a bit annoying sure, but if it helps to get the word out to more people its all good. I can't say that they are different. Most are just another "max distance reached - has anyone seen this?" thread that then morphs into another thread about the restrictions returning after a power down.

Is dji fixing this? Maybe that new app released today fixes this but it says only change is for osmo.
I'd like to think that they are working on it since they for sure know about the issue. This forum is sadly not frequented by DJI reps anymore, but the DJI forum has plenty of reps and they are hearing about this issue from many people. About the new app today - I only know what you already said. The only change mentioned in the release notes has to do with the Osmo. That doesn't mean other fixes are not hidden in there unannounced. We'll find out as more and more people install the new app and report out. I'm still on v2.4.2, so I wont be able to give any first hand feedback.

I hope that all helped. Cheers!

Based on several posts here (including from @Kibroggg) and in other forums, some people who experience the issue of returning flight restrictions have been able to work around it by completely closing out of the app and then restarting the app once the P3 is powered up again. This would need to be done each time as part of their battery change over process.

It appears that we've confirmed it is likely not the batteries themselves per se which did always seem strange and unlikely to me. At least not OEM batteries anyway. It may simply be caused by powering down and up again during the battery change with the app still open, and then something not aligning with the connection to the app once the P3 powers up again.

A complete app close out and restart seems in some reported cases to correct this and allow full distance flight once again. Not doing so has resulted for some in the flight restrictions returning.

** Note: I just want to repeat that we are talking about the 30m/50m flight restrictions sometimes returning even after the user had already updated and had already done the "one time" log out / log in to register the app.

An update for anyone following. We've seen several more people note that closing out the the app at restart and/or battery change has been very helpful with avoiding the recurrence of flight restrictions.

I do want to add that there is a report from @Niky that the recently released iOS app 3.1.15 also has corrected the authentication issues even though this fix is not listed in it's release notes. I can't test this myself, but I did want to add it here as a data point. Cheers!

An update for anyone following. We've seen several more people note that closing out the the app at restart and/or battery change has been very helpful with avoiding the recurrence of flight restrictions.

I do want to add that there is a report from @Niky that the recently released iOS app 3.1.15 also has corrected the authentication issues even though this fix is not listed in it's release notes. I can't test this myself, but I did want to add it here as a data point. Cheers!
Here is another report that iOS GO app v3.1.15 has fixed the issue:

New iOS app 3.1.15

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik