Bought crashed partially repaired P2VP any suggestions welcome

Reaction score
Joined the forum about a week or so ago and have been scouring and doing searches and have found some great information, thanks for being here.

A friend crashed this drone and was having a shop repair it for him. They were getting expensive and he cut his losses and just got a new drone. He offered it to me as-is full disclosure for $100. I knew it was a crash and not flying when I bought it.

I'd really like to get it flying again as it looks just fine. I'm not sure how extensive his crash was he just said it just inverted unexpectedly and went to ground upside down.

He said they replaced his gimbol and camera, ECBs and main board when he called it quits.

I have one bad battery that isn't taking a charge and one that charged and is showing all green bars.

When I put the battery in it will not power on. It just shows a red button and stays on. Can't turn off the battery.

I didn't get very far...

Any suggestions to help me move this project along?

Thanks.

Yes, Sounds like a battery issue. I had a P2 battery that sat unused for months and despite having green leds it only showed a red button when put under load.

Reactions: Rigmarol
So even though i get all green bars outside of the AC, it may still be bad? Ok, If so I can buy a new battery without breaking the bank. Any suggestions where to buy at a reasonable price. Ive found a wide range and many sources but leary of deals to good to believe.

Thanks guys!

So even though i get all green bars outside of the AC, it may still be bad? Ok, If so I can buy a new battery without breaking the bank. Any suggestions where to buy at a reasonable price. Ive found a wide range and many sources but leary of deals to good to believe.

Thanks guys!

All red leds at rear is a sign of a damaged GPS puck, it’s in the lid, 4 small screws, the best replacement part is a Ublox one , available on eBay, take the unit out of the housing, they lock Glonass satellites so your GPS lock is better,
Next, is the camera damaged ? Replacements are hard to source but are out there

All red leds at rear is a sign of a damaged GPS puck, it’s in the lid, 4 small screws, the best replacement part is a Ublox one , available on eBay, take the unit out of the housing, they lock Glonass satellites so your GPS lock is better,
Next, is the camera damaged ? Replacements are hard to source but are out there
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I didnt make it clear, sorry, I was talking about the lights on the battery only. All green on a single press. Installed in the AC and press once then long press all battery lights go out and only have a red button light. No lights at all on the AC.

After a lot of reading I think I have to accept the fact I have 2 dead batteries.

I’m now looking for a bargain on a single battery to use to assess and repair with.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
After doing a lot of searching I'm finding the cost of a battery is more than I want to spend on this project at this time.
I may come back to it later though so I'm still interested in suggestions. However, not much can be done without a battery.

In the mean time, the wife felt sorry for me and was impressed with my trying to keep the cost down so in a rare act of unbridled enthusiasm for one of my projects she opened the vault doors and told me to order a new drone (but keep it reasonable). LOL.

So, this project goes on hold and I've just ordered a new Phantom 3 pro with a second battery. I should see it in about a week.

Thanks for the suggestions, both private and public.

Update: Having a great time with my NEW P3P and the wife wants in on the fun. So, she has freed up some funds for repairing the original drone I posted about; the P2VP. Yay!

I now a new battery to start testing with. Got it on Amazon for about $55 so not so bad after all.

I was in a hurry with very little time so all I've done so far is insert the battery and turn on the controller and the AC. The lights came on and the camera went through a gimbal check ok. It's slanted but I believe that's an easy fix according to videos I've seen posted. So, that's it for now, I still have to get the wife's phone away from her long enough to install software and do the linking.

Wish me luck!

RigMarol.so Thrilled that you are enjoying that P3P......and yes now you can work on that P2V......years ago i seen a guy that had to be close to 80 years old..he got out of his car....opened the trunk and got out a really nice large suitcase....he layed it on a near by picnic table and opened it UP........and reached in a pulled out a P2 V.......did the normal work to get it ready to fly and then he fired UP the engines and did a few checks on the screen and away heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee went....I peeked over his shoulder and to to my amazement as i had to see what the camera was looking at......it was miles and miles of beautiful sun flowers...And from that time ON.....i had to have a drone and my excitements still their with "ever take off"....Just like the very first time !
12006642_892246957533705_2877758292118414087_o.jpg

Last edited:
Update: Having a great time with my NEW P3P and the wife wants in on the fun. So, she has freed up some funds for repairing the original drone I posted about; the P2VP. Yay!

I now a new battery to start testing with. Got it on Amazon for about $55 so not so bad after all.

I was in a hurry with very little time so all I've done so far is insert the battery and turn on the controller and the AC. The lights came on and the camera went through a gimbal check ok. It's slanted but I believe that's an easy fix according to videos I've seen posted. So, that's it for now, I still have to get the wife's phone away from her long enough to install software and do the linking.

Wish me luck!

Tilted camera is an easy fix, for advice on the P2V plus please take a look at my YouTube channel I’ve a few on it.

YouTube.com/c/flymyphantom

Reactions: Rigmarol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl