Birdside antenna mod version 2.0.

Interestingly enough, I was able to finally get 400' alt 100' out using Lichi. I tried the same flight with the Go app, and I got a low control signal warning at 100' alt. I quickly brought it down. I'm wondering if Lichi doesn't report low control signal as often as Go, or if there is an issue with the Go app reporting false values. Very strange indeed.

Interestingly enough, I was able to finally get 400' alt 100' out using Lichi. I tried the same flight with the Go app, and I got a low control signal warning at 100' alt. I quickly brought it down. I'm wondering if Lichi doesn't report low control signal as often as Go, or if there is an issue with the Go app reporting false values. Very strange indeed.
Litchi has a signal boost in the app. I don't know if that it was was helping you or not. I'm not sure as it does help or not.

Just test flew the P3P antenna mod on my P3S.
Test in open rural field - no or little 2.4/5.8 interference. No obstructions along flight path. Height 50 to 60 metres.
Before mod I would loose video feed around 800 to 1100 metres, control signal loss about the same, but a 1000 metre flight was quite standard.
Temperature today between 0 and +1 celsius with calm winds.
Used a 'windsurfer' for the control signal for first time.
Flew out 2000 metres with good video feed all the way, although I was getting video signal transmission weak warnings off and on from 400 metres out - which became a steady warning after 1200 metres.
Still had full control signal bars but video signal only 1 to 2 bars. Lost video feed on way back around 1400 to 1300 metres.
Could have gone further but I accomplished my 2K goal for now.
Next tests will be flights closer but with tree obstructions etc.
* note - zip tying antennas to legs over compass did not affect flight ( I did a compass calibration of course )
* mod is quite easy and thanks to OP for great instruction.

Just test flew the P3P antenna mod on my P3S.
Test in open rural field - no or little 2.4/5.8 interference. No obstructions along flight path. Height 50 to 60 metres.
Before mod I would loose video feed around 800 to 1100 metres, control signal loss about the same, but a 1000 metre flight was quite standard.
Temperature today between 0 and +1 celsius with calm winds.
Used a 'windsurfer' for the control signal for first time.
Flew out 2000 metres with good video feed all the way, although I was getting video signal transmission weak warnings off and on from 400 metres out - which became a steady warning after 1200 metres.
Still had full control signal bars but video signal only 1 to 2 bars. Lost video feed on way back around 1400 to 1300 metres.
Could have gone further but I accomplished my 2K goal for now.
Next tests will be flights closer but with tree obstructions etc.
* note - zip tying antennas to legs over compass did not affect flight ( I did a compass calibration of course )
* mod is quite easy and thanks to OP for great instruction.

And that was just the p3p 2.4ghz antennas that go on the gimbal correct? I’ve been wanting to do that to mine as well.

I have two antennas left over from my mod so they're up for sale if anyone's interested I used the short ones that came in the package so I have the longer ones left over

Hey did you still have the other two left over, for sale?

Hey did you still have the other two left over, for sale?

You can find them on eBay, I got mine for just 10. I'm defiantly getting better range with them. I flew about 400' alt and about 30 ' away. I still was getting drop outs and control warnings tho, but it is better. I'm using the other 2 antennas for my Tmaxx 3.3 with a gimbel fpv 600 mw vtx, GPS for speedometer and microminimum osd. Just upgrading the antenna on my fly sky module for the Taranis gave me MUCH better range.

What are you using the Taranis transmitter on?
You can find them on eBay, I got mine for just 10. I'm defiantly getting better range with them. I flew about 400' alt and about 30 ' away. I still was getting drop outs and control warnings tho, but it is better. I'm using the other 2 antennas for my Tmaxx 3.3 with a gimbel fpv 600 mw vtx, GPS for speedometer and microminimum osd. Just upgrading the antenna on my fly sky module for the Taranis gave me MUCH better range.

What are you using the Taranis transmitter on?

I would like to do the mod to my RC before I start messing with my bird. I’m still stock all the way around. Was thinking that p3p antenna mod might help some with video range.

I would like to do the mod to my RC before I start messing with my bird. I’m still stock all the way around. Was thinking that p3p antenna mod might help some with video range.

Ya it defiantly will help with video range considering the original ones are directional ceramics.
For my other stuff I'm using a Taranis Qx7, and for the nitro truck I'm using a FlySky 9 channel rx and the tx module out of a FlySky th9x
I haven't done a proper range check with it yet, I usually punch it till the video starts to cut and bring it back

I honestly haven’t tried to fly my bird outside my housing area so don’t know the true range. I know yesterday I got 1,200 feet out while 150 feet up and it broke up. That’s being surrounded by interference. It wouldn’t stop coming up on my screen that there was a ton of interference.

I honestly haven’t tried to fly my bird outside my housing area so don’t know the true range. I know yesterday I got 1,200 feet out while 150 feet up and it broke up. That’s being surrounded by interference. It wouldn’t stop coming up on my screen that there was a ton of interference.

****, I'd be shocked to get even that! I flew again this evening and was only 40' out and 200' up. The control level dropped a few bars and video was stuttering again. I did a quick Wifi scan and found that every 2.4 channel was being used. I need to take it out in the open and try it again. Last time I was out in a WiFi free area my range wasn't much better. I'd get 300 ALT max before almost total video loss. That was before the mod tho. I'll post my results tomorrow.

****, I'd be shocked to get even that! I flew again this evening and was only 40' out and 200' up. The control level dropped a few bars and video was stuttering again. I did a quick Wifi scan and found that every 2.4 channel was being used. I need to take it out in the open and try it again. Last time I was out in a WiFi free area my range wasn't much better. I'd get 300 ALT max before almost total video loss. That was before the mod tho. I'll post my results tomorrow.

Are you flying in airplane mode? I found that helps ALOT!! Less interference.

Pinch and zoom out on the maps when you load up DJI Go to load the map then airplane mode. I even selected cache map in the settings.

Signal boost in app? Hmmm, wasn't aware of that. Is it doing something like the Magic Power mod?
It might be. and if I remember it only helps the controller not the video signal. And the version I was using was for the Phantom 2 vision . I never used the version for the Phantom 3's.

Are you flying in airplane mode? I found that helps ALOT!! Less interference.
I just did a flight in airplane mode with Lichi and the range was much better. 400'up and 350' out. I was getting solid video feed but control was dipping in the red. Might have to look into the Alpha antennas. I hear they outperform the Argtec by a large margin.

I just did a flight in airplane mode with Lichi and the range was much better. 400'up and 350' out. I was getting solid video feed but control was dipping in the red. Might have to look into the Alpha antennas. I hear they outperform the Argtec by a large margin.

I was gonna do the argtek kit and change the antennas so I do to drill into my RC for the sma’s

I still don’t know how your only going 350 feet out. I go 800 feet out in my housing complex and it’s packed with houses with WiFi and condos that’s about 150 feet up.
56272d2befc9f6454b7499fd2c744eea.jpg
31a4d4ca2492e5f52785f4849cae22b5.jpg
957fcd1dc473ce9a96b3d3a58d9d542b.jpg

dd934f4a9efdbca8656ec54899d81eef.jpg
dd934f4a9efdbca8656ec54899d81eef.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik