Better explanation of the LED-lights signals?

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been browsing the net for weeks now, but still haven't found what I was looking for.. :-/
What I need, is an explanation for newcomers, on how/what exactly the flashes underneath the propeller, means.

I've bought a Phantom 4 some weeks ago, and still can't figure out how to "read" what it's trying to tell me.. xD I know... im a n00b, but seriously, the only links I've been able to find is this: http://i.imgur.com/59SMRIZ.jpg and this Phantom-LED Indicator Description - DJI Wiki .

It's the lights right underneath each propeller! Should they all go green? Why are mine red in front and green in the back? Is this normal? Yellow is only when booting/synchronizing, right?

Excuse my complete lack of knowledge, but it really annoys me I can't find a simple chart telling me what it all means.. :D

Have a nice day & some safe flights, out there.

Yes normal to have red in front and green in back it's the way we can tell which way it's facing without looking at fpv.

The resource you linked is the best these are just the rear LEDs, the front ones are always red but can be turned off in the dji go app for night flying
Phantom-LED Indicator Description - DJI Wiki

Last edited:
Reactions: mlaumann
Thanks, both of you.

Eventhough I did look at the manual alot times, it was first until now that Rockydog linked, that I saw the line: "The Phantom 4 has Front LEDs and Aircraft Status Indicators", which made me realize I shouldn't worry about the two red ones in front... :D

Thank you.
Admin: Feel free to delete this thread again. :)

And for what it's worth, there's a setting in DJI Go that lets you turn off the front red LEDs and only have the rear indicators showing.

I've done this while flying at dusk. The front LEDs sometimes cast a red glare on the camera lens that shows up in the video.

4 solid red lights means a critical error (motor or motors) need to be replaced or checked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers