Best tablet for DJI GO

Have anyone tried jailbreaking the non-cellular iPad to get acces to GPS sharing via the iPhone/phone which have a GPS?
I don't think this would work. I've read that the LTE chipset chosen by Apple also contains the GPS receiver, so the necessary hardware isn't there in non-cellular versions.

I am an apple user but didn't want to spend that much on a dedicated pad for the p3a. I bought a Lenovo tab 2 a-7 10 for £80 from tescos. It had gps and a bright screen with low latency and no apparent problems while flying. The one thing I need to know is how to get the go app and the video it records to use the 32 gig sd card I have installed in it. Any help on that would be a great help as I am not that tech savvy. But all in all I can say that the Lenovo seems perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: TrevorTron
I don't think this would work. I've read that the LTE chipset chosen by Apple also contains the GPS receiver, so the necessary hardware isn't there in non-cellular versions.

He's talking about piggybacking the GPS signal from an iPhone via bluetooth (most likely) to get around the lack of GPS hardware on the non-cellular version of the iPad. It's theoretically possible, but probably not worth the effort. Someone mentioned it several comments up, but there weren't any details, just a mention...
This type of limitation is exactly why I prefer Android. If it doesn't do something you want, hack it! lol

Ok, so I have had the following:

IPad mini 2
Nvidia shield k1
Note 5
Ipad air 2
And nexus 7

Out of all, the best has been nexus which I bought it for $100 on eBay. No lag. Small, fits it the hardshell. And honestly only need it for FPV and reading some books.

Out of all, the best has been nexus which I bought it for $100 on eBay. No lag. Small, fits it the hardshell. And honestly only need it for FPV and reading some books.

What about the Nexus makes you pick it over the K-1? I've heard the K-1 also has no lag, and the size is similar. Or did you have a different experience?

IPad mini 2
Nvidia shield k1
Note 5
Ipad air 2
And nexus 7

That is an interesting selection of most of the favourite tablets. I have the iPad mini 2 and, whilst it runs the GO app without any problem, my tired old eyes find it a bit on the small side. I also think its screen is a bit on the shiny side and not that bright making it hard to see in direct sunlight. So I am thinking of upgrading it to the Air 2. Do you see any marked difference between the two?

That is an interesting selection of most of the favourite tablets. I have the iPad mini 2 and, whilst it runs the GO app without any problem, my tired old eyes find it a bit on the small side. I also think its screen is a bit on the shiny side and not that bright making it hard to see in direct sunlight. So I am thinking of upgrading it to the Air 2. Do you see any marked difference between the two?
iPad Air 2 is perfect for me. I have older eyes too... the only thing I don't like has nothing to do with the quality of the device. Its tough to fit it in my Microraptor case. I have to take the props off if I plan on putting the ipad in the case. Otherwise the setup is really good.

IPad mini 2
Nvidia shield k1
Note 5
Ipad air 2
And nexus 7

Is there a reason you prefer the Nexus 7 over the Air 2, other than being smaller (and a lot cheaper)? The Nexus 7 does seem to have a brighter screen, but poorer contrast in bright ambient light (like outdoors).

Mini Tablet Display Technology Shoot-Out

iPad mini 2 with wifi/cellular works perfect for me.
The Mini2 and Mini3 with the A7 processor didn't work perfectly for me. During summer when temps are above 95F the iPad would overheat and video would quit working. I found myself cooling off the iPad with a variety of methods, none of them are convenient. Since I liked the Apple quality otherwise, and the screens are super high quality, I bought the iPad Air2 with a new A8X processor that runs cooler with smaller geometries in the silicon. The Mini 4 has the same processor as the iPad Air2, so it should be good also. Having cellular support is awesome, which allows the iPad to be used for other things, conveniently. Get the 64GB version, you'll need it, or more.

iPad Air 2 is perfect for me. I have older eyes too... the only thing I don't like has nothing to do with the quality of the device. Its tough to fit it in my Microraptor case. I have to take the props off if I plan on putting the ipad in the case. Otherwise the setup is really good.
Did you know you can buy the Microraptor backpack without insert for $80. It's super high quality Denier 100 fabric. The insert in your hardcase fits the backpack soft cases. The backpack also has a zipper pouch for the ipad Air. It's also about 12lbs lighter than the hardcase. So if you don't need that heavy case, wheels, and handle, the backpack might be an option. I never use my Microrapter hardcase anymore, it's too cumbersome and heavy in comparison. To buy only the fabric backpack with no insert you have to call them at 619-660-2300 in San Diego.
upload_2016-2-12_16-48-13.png

upload_2016-2-12_16-49-20.png

Reactions: m0j0
Hey all!
I picked up my P3 today along with asus zenpad s8 for it.
I know everyone recommends ipad mini or shield k1.

However zenpad was on sale for $150 and the specs looked good.
2k screen, 2GB RAM, 32 GB on board memory and intel atom 64 bit processor .

Has anyone tried it?

My intention is to use it as dedicated flying tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the Nexus makes you pick it over the K-1? I've heard the K-1 also has no lag, and the size is similar. Or did you have a different experience?

Oh don't get me wrong, loved the k1, just a bit heavier and a bit bigger. And could not justify the extra $100 since I would just be using for FPV.

Also, I was not using the extras like the HDMI.

Is there a reason you prefer the Nexus 7 over the Air 2, other than being smaller (and a lot cheaper)? The Nexus 7 does seem to have a brighter screen, but poorer contrast in bright ambient light (like outdoors).

Mini Tablet Display Technology Shoot-Out

Honestly, only the size. It's a bit hefty. I love the nexus for the size and the screen. Not the brightest but I use a screen cover anyways. And I don't have to use a lanyard.

I didn't notice any lag on my K1. That's not surprising though since it's one of the fastest Android tablets available.
Hi

Huge Apple fanboy here. And proud P3P owner.

Currently I'm using my iPhone 6S for lightbridge tru DJI GO.
Though it works perfectly, I was thinking of getting a dedicated Phantom-tablet.
So much is going on, on my phone, that I wont risking the app crashing og things like that.

I see many topics like this on here, but i also see, that mostly Android-devices are recomended.
I would trust an iPad more than any android device, and see some other users in here complainting about the android OS and its (in)stability.

I guess GPS is a major feature and would like that in my tablet.
What would you recommend of the Apple-tablet - or why do you think i should pick a Android instead?

Regards
Emil
I'm the opposite and won't touch anything apple
I use an 8 inch Samsung Tablet A as my devoted drone tablet
No complaints at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik